Author Topic: Issue with MacOS startup of WXLauncher  (Read 1799 times)

Issue with MacOS startup of WXLauncher
Just installed Diaspora from the .dmg download.  Running into an issue on startup, where I'm getting the following error messages:

"Unknown Command - Unrecognized command line parameter, "-spec", continue?"; and

"Unknown Command - Unrecognized command line parameter, "-glow", continue?"; and

"Unknown Command - Unrecognized command line parameter, "-env", continue?"; and

"Unknown Command - Unrecognized command line parameter, "-normal", continue?"; and

"Unknown Command - Unrecognized command line parameter, "-img2dds", continue?".

I've run the "Run me once" command file in bash, I've played with the switches, and no joy.

Help!!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Issue with MacOS startup of WXLauncher
Have you perchance played FS2 in the past using Soulstorm's OS X Launcher?

Since you are comfortable with bash, try running this command:
Code: [Select]
rm ~/Library/FS2_Open/data/cmdline_fso.cfg

This will get rid of a configuration file created by Soulstorm's Launcher that can interfere with Diaspora.

Alternatively, if you prefer to not delete the file directly from the Terminal, try
open ~/Library/FS2_Open/data
and then find and delete cmdline_fso.cfg in the Finder window that pops up.

Tried it, and still no go.

I hadn't installed the previous versions, but thought maybe there was something odd in my install.

Now, I have ONLY installed the Diaspora version of the game.  Should I perhaps install the full FSO pack?

M

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
No, the Diaspora download is all you need to play the game, although be sure to also get the 1.0.4 patch.

The easiest thing to try is to reinstall Diaspora.

First, remove the launcher profiles: go to the Terminal and type
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/

Then in the Finder window that pops up, find the folder labeled wxlauncher and delete it.

Then delete your Diaspora folder.

Then reinstall:
(1) Open the original Diaspora dmg file and copy the Diaspora folder to your Applications folder.

(2) Apply the patch (link is above): after you download the patch's dmg file, open it and copy the contents to your Diaspora folder.

(3) Open your Diaspora folder and double-click the RUN_ME_ONCE.command file.

(4) Start the Diaspora launcher, go the Basic Settings tab, and in the box labeled "FS2 Open executable:", choose "FreeSpace 2 Open DIASPORA".

EDIT: Forgot a step.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:46:33 am by jg18 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Freespace 2, Wing Commander Saga or The Babylon Project could all be causing that issue. The other possibility is that you've played with the Diaspora settings and turned some things on you shouldn't. The lighting settings might be a possible culprit there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]