Author Topic: Derelict campaign problem  (Read 3701 times)

Derelict campaign problem
I'm on the mission where you have to use a captured Mara to scan the  big Shivan destroyer and the Cain while remaining undetected... I have no problems with all the scanning, but afterwards I get told to get a safe distance away and not warp out until they tell me to.

However, no matter how far away I go, they don't tell me. I even tried setting the time accel to x64, going to eat lunch, and returning an hour later... no luck.

Also, I tried to get past this with CSGedit, but apparently that can't load .cs2 files, which is what campaign progress appears to be currently saved as.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you die 5 times you should be allowed to skip forewards.

I think this is due to a bug in Deralict rather than anything you're doing wrong.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Heh, I found out by accident that getting detected by Aries wing leads to an alternate departure condition-- unfortunately you get screwed a bit in the next couple of missions if you do this. :(

However, now I'm *REALLY* stuck.

Basically, I just finished the mission where you have to cover the Cypher while it gets it's drives repaired while holding off two cruisers and assorted strike craft, and the game crashes with a "cannot find hydra3.pof" error.

:(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Are you using the edited Deralict posted on this forum by Blaise Russel or the original?

Originally posted by karajorma
Are you using the edited Deralict posted on this forum by Blaise Russel or the original?

If the edited one is br_derelict.vp, then I'm using the edited one.

Offline Kie99

Sigh...

Not even a welcome banner

:welcome:

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water, so bring your own Napalm or try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts. If you see a large, five-limbed creature that looks really pissed, it’s probably Carl, give him your lunch and he'll hopefully go away.  If you see a big desert creature its probably Raa, give him a fish and he might leave your head alone.  In the event of an emergency, the n00bs will be the last into the escape pods, if there’s any room left. The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, [V] God, or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't mention the word Freespace followed by the number 3.

Oh and you are using the edit(t?)ed version.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I haven't tried the edited version so I'm out of ideas.

I think this is one for Blaise.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
A malfunction- (whirr) malfunction- (whirr) fails to understand... cre-a-tion...

I'm unsurprised that it can't find hydra3.pof, seeing as I took it out for not being awesome enough. The Hydra bomber now references the Artemis DH model... it shouldn't be looking for hydra3.pof.

Hmm... do you have anything else at all currently active in your FS2 folder. You know - a few tables hanging around, old missions in the data folder... I'm thinking of original Derelict stuff, because if there's an old ships.tbl overriding the VP that calls up hydra3.pof instead of the DH model, then that could cause some problems.

(And as before, I'm befuddled somewhat by the stealth mission failure. I'll fix it when I do the voiceacting for it.)

Lo all,

I've done a quick fudge to dl3-04 to get it working again. I have to admit though I am pretty much a noob when it comes to FRED so this is only a place holder until BR gets a chance to fix it properly. I was going to upload it with this post but I can't login to my FTP server so I'll get it to you asap.

Just to be sure, I removed the table dir entirely. It should be just using the VPs XP

Still I get the error.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/meshakey/FS2/

Could someone do a test before I say this is done? I packed it back into br-derelict using quick VP and tested it, went through the campaign no problem, vut I'd hate to think that I could point to this and then kill everyone's campaign :)

Offline Kie99

Sigh...

Not even a welcome banner

AGAIN!

:welcome:

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water, so bring your own Napalm or try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts. If you see a large, five-limbed creature that looks really pissed, it’s probably Carl, give him your lunch and he'll hopefully go away.  If you see a big desert creature its probably Raa, give him a fish and he might leave your head alone.  In the event of an emergency, the n00bs will be the last into the escape pods, if there’s any room left. The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, [V] God, or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't mention the word Freespace followed by the number 3.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Roanoke

well a new guy giving another new guy the beam would be a little odd no ?

Welcome to the forums guys.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Quite frankly, any campaign that makes use of a mod should not be going in to the root FS directory anymore.  Use -mod, it's there for precisely that reason.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Hey, thought I'd post a problem I'm having too.  I'm using BR's Derelict, and a clean install of FSO 3.6.5.  I'm on the mission "The Wrong Door".  After completing all objectives in the mission, right before I'm given permission to warp out, I get a crash to desktop.  This doesnt matter if I complete some or all of the objectives, I always CTD right at the point where I can warp out.  No other mission has done this to me in this campaign.  Any ideas?