Author Topic: Problem with Cardinal Spear  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Ekardia

Problem with Cardinal Spear
Hi, just downloaded Freespace Open and started off playing Cardinal Spear.  For some reason anytime an Aten is involved in a mission all that can be seen is its engine wash and the only way to damage them is with secondaries that lock on.  I've encountered this on two different missions at this point.

Here is the debug log.  When I ran the debug version it wasn't able to get to the main hall.  There was a popup screen with some of the log info, asking if I wanted to break into Debugger which would caused the program to crash.

http://pastebin.com/RndBzyFc

Thanks for any help.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Problem with Cardinal Spear
I think that's because you have no files in your mediavps folder. And you really should name it mediavps_3612 since most mods are released with an .ini that points to it.

[EDIT] And how the hell do you manage to play with an Intel Integrated? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ekardia

Do the vp files need to be in the with the fsport meadiavps folder.  They are in the one in the Freespace 2 folder.  And my laptop has never hasn't had any issues with the game.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You have the FSPort MediaVPs, but you don't have the 3.6.12 MediaVPs.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ekardia

I had those they were  in a different folder though,  I copied them over and that fixed the problem.  Thanks.