Author Topic: Errors and inability to play  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Errors and inability to play
So returning to playing freespace for the umteenth time. Getting errors and I can't play. I get to the mainhall, hit War in heaven 1 from the campign screen and I get a black screen. Then it's windows not responding. It was throwing errors before it started too. I downloaded everything with the installer, and I think I got everything I need (the requisite various media vps). I've got the log attached here. Thanks for your help/time, feeling a bit guilty for taking that up. As long as I've been lurking here, I should probably know how to fix it by now. 

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Errors and inability to play
You need a recent nightly for BPComplete :)

>>>You MUST get a recent build to play! Here's a link!<<<
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
When it says 'not responding' just let it load for a while, it's caching in models

And yes, get that recent build.

Offline Beskargam

Ah. Well that's a simple fix. Shoulda caught that myself. Thanks guys.

Edit: that did it.
Edit 2: I lied, still crashing. No errors on startup now. But getting errors when loading in the first mission after Laporte's diary entry. I can make it to the briefing by Byrne, but nothing past that. I can't click on any of the buttons. Error messages are talking about missing parts of models, missing flags for turrets and I stopped after that point. Corrupted files?

Oh yeah, happy thanksgiving. This isn't a priority so I hope you guys enjoy time with your families and friends

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:19:12 pm by Beskargam »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Where's your MV root? Run the installer, tell it to install the 2014 MVPs only. Should fix.

Also remember not to play in debug!

Offline Beskargam

Sorry for the delay. Re-running the installer several times cleared up everything. Thank you very much for your help.

Offline Ariel

Hello i read everything here   and  the suggestion   with the nightly build and my reports are as follows:

Laptop (HP Pavillion g6 1330sj with dual gpu one intel and one radeon 7450 6 gb ram and  and an I3 SANDY BRIDGE CPU clocked at 2.30 GHZ)

1. Posted the nightly builds  on my main freesapce 2 library but when i'm trying to access  to the nightly build from t the launcher freezes on me and stuck on the 3.7.2 no sse build.
2. Can't use  play with the 3.7.2 build
3.freespace2 2 blue works ok till i hit the  the tenure with 232nd suicide kings on wars it's no working

PC (INTEL CORE 2 DUO clocked at 3.0 GHZ ,   4 GB of  RAM and  geforce   GTX 560  3 gb

1. usage of nightly successfull.
2.FPS  level really low 10fps
3.the  game just stops at start when i'm going out of the  destroyer

i play my freespace2 with a wirless  keyboard if the information helps.

what can be done to remedy those problems.

Disable shadows and remove the advanced vps. Might want to disable a few other things in the launcher if you're using that underpowered PC and want decent FPS.

If your launcher is freezing disable your Antivirus or simply wait 20-30 seconds while it analyses the exe.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, if you can't select the nightly build in the launcher, disable your antivirus — it thinks the game is a virus for some reason.

Hey Guys sorry for the HighJack but i didn't want to create a new one.... so this is my problem.

Somehow since downloading and installing BluePlanet Complete + MVPs using the "FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar" (got the lastest builds per Hand).
My FRED refuses to Start - and i mean it.

It's not even trying (it's not generating a Task), it's not generating an error log, it does not give any crash massage or other feedback.
All i get is a little blue circle around my mouse button - indicating that something is been done.... but nothing is ever going to happen.

Running Window10 - but i am shure that this worked befor upgrading everything to make BluePlanet Complete work.
I tryed compatibility-mode, run as Administrator.... still no luck.

Oh - the Stock FRED.exe would launch but crash as not beeing compatible to BluePlanet Complete.

best regards.

Try switching mods to MediaVPs in the launcher then opening up FRED. That would confirm or disprove that the error comes from BPC.
Also try disabling your antivirus, it could simply be analysing the new .exe which causes it to hang.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded