Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

Doing Nebula Backgrounds

<< < (2/3) > >>

IceFire:
So none of you make your own nebs?  

Styxx:
I use a highly advanced technique that consists of selecting a few colors typing a whole lot of digits through the 3D Studio MAX interface.  

Actually, it's that, but combined with a multi-layered composite material normally involving four to six layers  of the RGB Tint, Noise, Cellular, Perlin Marble and other procedural materials to achieve a nebula-like animatable fully environmental background effet.  

I'm starting to develop a new technique for scenes ambiented inside the nebula, this one involving a high number of atmospheric gizmos and low-density combustion effects. It's also fully animatable.  

Fineus:
I used to do my own using the Photoshop clouds method, but they were hard to get just right. You can see the results in my section of the FS art thing (the top few mainly).

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder
Fight the future!

Warlock:
Glittero and Lunarcell are kickass little plug ins for PS  

I think I spent about 5 hours playing with them once I first got them loaded up  

But Ice ,Gllittero is a great and easy way to create your own Nebulas.

------------------
Warlock
DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Fineus:
Yep - I use them now of course, their definitely the most easy to use, fast and effective tools out there if you want to make great nebulas (and as you can see from Setekhs and my own work, they look great).

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder
Fight the future!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version