Author Topic: Top 5 Virtual Console Games  (Read 3758 times)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Top 5 Virtual Console Games
I'm looking for some to buy, I got 4000 points that were on clearance for 20 bucks at wal-mart. 

What's in your top 5 and what would you recommend??

I don't care about emulators, only VC games.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Re: Top 5 Virtual Console Games
CAn someone also give me a list of the ones that can be used with the Wiimote?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline jdjtcagle

I think only the nes...
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
NES, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafix16 games can be played with just a Wiimote.

JD, I subscribe to the RSS feed HERE to tell me when new games are out and how they are. Here's my faves:

• Bomberman '93. Hands down one of the best party games I've every played. It's a riot, it's so easy to pick up and play, you can use the Wiimote AND it has support for five players (using a GameCube controller.)
  • Super Metroid. It's really in a class of its own. As side-scrolling shooters go it's much more deliberately paced, being about exploration and finding hidden secrets and powerups than anything else. When you're done go buy Metroid Prime (for GameCube) and try it in 3D.
  • Super Mario 64. I have played this game to DEATH. I must have bought it at least four times on different systems, and gotten the 120 stars on all of them. It revolutionized the industry and defined 3D gaming. There's just SO much to do and so much to find in such an open free-range environment, you can just get lost in it. And unlike, say, Zelda 64, its low-poly environments and low-res textures are actually charming, not ugly.
  • Kirby's Adventure. Gentle, not terribly challenging, but a good way to just relax and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you just want to play with your games, not work on them.
  • Puyo Puyo 2: Tsuu. It's an import, and it's the same game as Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche, but it has three advantages: you can play it with just the Wiimote, it doesn't suffer from the nasty low-fi sound FX that Bean Machine does, and it has a bunch of new features and modes you can play with. It's another crazy addictive and fun multiplayer puzzle game.
If you like puzzle games you might want to check out Dr. Mario as WiiWare, and I think Tetris is coming soon.

BTW, what's your friend code? Mine is 3362-8639-7750-4489. See you there!

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Roanoke

hey Ocarina isn't a bad looking game. Nicer than Wind Waker anyway.  :ick:

my friend code is... i'll look it up lader.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I have the attention span of a goldfish

Offline jdjtcagle

NES, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafix16 games can be played with just a Wiimote.

JD, I subscribe to the RSS feed HERE to tell me when new games are out and how they are. Here's my faves:

• Bomberman '93. Hands down one of the best party games I've every played. It's a riot, it's so easy to pick up and play, you can use the Wiimote AND it has support for five players (using a GameCube controller.)
  • Super Metroid. It's really in a class of its own. As side-scrolling shooters go it's much more deliberately paced, being about exploration and finding hidden secrets and powerups than anything else. When you're done go buy Metroid Prime (for GameCube) and try it in 3D.
  • Super Mario 64. I have played this game to DEATH. I must have bought it at least four times on different systems, and gotten the 120 stars on all of them. It revolutionized the industry and defined 3D gaming. There's just SO much to do and so much to find in such an open free-range environment, you can just get lost in it. And unlike, say, Zelda 64, its low-poly environments and low-res textures are actually charming, not ugly.
  • Kirby's Adventure. Gentle, not terribly challenging, but a good way to just relax and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you just want to play with your games, not work on them.
  • Puyo Puyo 2: Tsuu. It's an import, and it's the same game as Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche, but it has three advantages: you can play it with just the Wiimote, it doesn't suffer from the nasty low-fi sound FX that Bean Machine does, and it has a bunch of new features and modes you can play with. It's another crazy addictive and fun multiplayer puzzle game.
If you like puzzle games you might want to check out Dr. Mario as WiiWare, and I think Tetris is coming soon.

BTW, what's your friend code? Mine is 3362-8639-7750-4489. See you there!

Dude, thanks for that cool website. It looks like we finally get Super Mario RPG for VC!

I've played both Super Mario 64 and Kirby's Adventure and can't agree with you more.  I was the only person around who actually wanted to get all 120 stars. :p

I'm also going to check out Dr. Mario and Bomberman '93, that sounds fun.  Anyway I registered you, so register me on 8866-3145-7672-3626 :)

Cya later, do you have Brawl or Mario Kart Wii?

hey Ocarina isn't a bad looking game. Nicer than Wind Waker anyway.  :ick:

I just started playing since I just got a gamecube controller I thought I would pick it up again, it's pretty fun.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:55:13 pm by jdjtcagle »
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Bomberman '93. Hands down one of the best party games I've every played. It's a riot, it's so easy to pick up and play, you can use the Wiimote AND it has support for five players (using a GameCube controller.)

For some reason the multiplayer on mine has a glitch. Whenever we try playing it, Player 1's controller stops working one the game starts.

We had one Wiimote (player 1) and four GC controls hooked up, if that makes a difference.

I also reccomend Kirby 64. Easy game, lots of cartoony graphics, but a blast to play and it has one of the most epic final boss musics in game history (I'm not kidding, that song is awesome).
Furthermore, any of the R-Type or Gradius games you can find. I'm a huge fan of shmups, so I try to get as many of those series as possible (I am irked that R-Type II is only available in Japan... really irked). But I warn you: these are extremely difficult games (R-Type got ranked 7th on IGN's "hardest video games ever" list). Just getting halfway through is an accomplishment. So it is a great feeling when you manage to beat them.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Cya later, do you have Brawl or Mario Kart Wii?

Both! :D

For some reason the multiplayer on mine has a glitch. Whenever we try playing it, Player 1's controller stops working when the game starts.

We had one Wiimote (player 1) and four GC controls hooked up, if that makes a difference.

I believe that, by default, it assigns the GameCube controller in slot 1 to player 1. It can be tricky trying to keep things sorted, I know.

I also recommend Kirby 64. Easy game, lots of cartoony graphics, but a blast to play and it has one of the most epic final boss musics in game history (I'm not kidding, that song is awesome).

I adore Kirby 64, but I think it's a little too slow. Kirby's Adventure is 500 points cheaper, uses the Wiimote, and has a bunch of fun little minigames too, which is why I recommended it.

Furthermore, any of the R-Type or Gradius games you can find. I'm a huge fan of shmups, so I try to get as many of those series as possible (I am irked that R-Type II is only available in Japan... really irked). But I warn you: these are extremely difficult games (R-Type got ranked 7th on IGN's "hardest video games ever" list). Just getting halfway through is an accomplishment. So it is a great feeling when you manage to beat them.

Mm, shmups are fun but I tend not to play them for some reason. Probably because there are just so many of them, I can't decide.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

my friend code is... i'll look it up lader.
I have the attention span of a goldfish

HEY! i do NOT have th-

What were we talking about?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Heh, Titan, I have to admit, you take teasing well. I'm impressed by your maturity.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Anyway I registered you, so register me on 8866-3145-7672-3616 :)

Uhm... double check that, would ya? My console says it's not a correct Wii number. :blah:

Offline jdjtcagle

Anyway I registered you, so register me on 8866-3145-7672-3616 :)

Uhm... double check that, would ya? My console says it's not a correct Wii number. :blah:

*facepalm*
it's 3626 instead of 3616

So the real code is...
8866-3145-7672-3626

Sorry but I was gone all weekend anyway. :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:06:55 pm by jdjtcagle »
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

My Wii code is 3687-8488-8555-5018

My brawl code is 2750-0901-2544

I dare somebody to verse me in a duel in brawl. 3 Stock match. No items. Final destination :drevil:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
When I have more access to my Wii you`re all goin` down.

Or not. Because I`m still not that great at Brawl.

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
Hmm... an HLP Wii-for-all?

I'll look up my UWI when I get home tonight...

EDIT: It's 1504 6889 2398 3456
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:04:40 pm by nvsblmnc »
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline jdjtcagle

I registered you both, haloboy and nvsblmnc.

Cya guys there :)
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

i'm just not comfortable with the way it shows your global location...

You guys will have a good ol' laugh when you see the name of my Mii :rolleyes:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.