Author Topic: Torment: Tides of Numenera  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Torment: Tides of Numenera
My first thought looking at their Kickstarter Page was "HOLY ****! 1.3 Million already? They could hit ten million by the time fundraising ends! What makes these guys so much more special than Project Eternity or Double Fine?"

My second thought: "I understand there's more than enough talent on hand to make two killer games, but why couldn't these guys and Chris Avellone have just gotten together and made Planescape: Eternity?"

Basically we now have two different games that are spiritual successors to Planescape: Torment, made by two different teams, both of which are staffed by the original creators of Torment. It is awesome. But also a little weird.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera
I was personally never a fan of the Planescape setting, but the more good RPG's, the better.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

The future is bright all the sudden. Next to all the other games that have been successfully crowd funded and indie titles getting sequels or new IPs. Absolutely terrific news. 1.7 mil as I speak, too. I feel happy for all of them that they finally have the opportunity to produce the kind of game they want to make.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

* SpardaSon21 is totally not waiting on Planetary Annihilation to release.  :nervous:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I was personally never a fan of the Planescape setting, but the more good RPG's, the better.

From what I understand in the video, the setting for Torment is different.

Never played Planescape, but might get on in the funding for this. Seems cool and DRM-free games are good.
Still got a huge pile of games to play, not to mention Shadowrun & waiting for some . . . space combat sim to come out via KS.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Waited 10 years for a sequel to my favorite ever game and now we are getting 2? Happy happy times :D