Author Topic: Total War: Thrones of Britannia  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Total War: Thrones of Britannia

I'm a big fan of the Saxon series by Bernard Cornwell so naturally I really like the setting of this entry in Total War. From what I've read however, they are still using the warscape engine, which has issues with melee combat that somewhat killed my enjoyment of Rome II.

OTH, Shogun 2 is one of if not the best Total War game and a big part of that I think was the focus it got from the smaller map and setting. It stands to reason then that Thrones of Britannia could be really good.

Thoughts?

Offline crizza

Re: Total War: Thrones of Britannia
Just seen the trailer and I'm hyped.
I realy like the Total War games and I'm looking forward on how they deliever it.
A "british" faction versus vikings? Could be fun.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Looks like it has potential, I'll keep an eye on it.  Though I kinda wish they would dip their toe into a setting such as India or China.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

They did this once before: The Viking Invasion expansion for Medieval: Total War. I am quite hyped: The warlord chronicles (recently televised as "The Last Kingdom", which is also the first book in the series) are my favorite historical fiction books. It's a really cool setting.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I am just excited that Rome 2 is getting new content and some of the newer features in Totalwarhammer.  UI scaling means I can play at 4k and not have to squint to read tiny text!

I am also looking forward to this campaign.  I hope having several cultures clash can support having more varied rosters than Shogun 2.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Yessss the new roman 2 content looks ace too

Offline Aesaar

My ideal setting for a more focused Total War game would be southeast Europe and the Middle East from Greece to Persia, Black Sea to Yemen with the start year being either 1071 or 632.

Have you played the Broken Crescent mod for Medieval 2?

Offline Aesaar

Yes, actually.  Quite enjoyed it, and I'd love a new game built from the ground up for the region.  It's got so much interesting stuff to work with.

I would be more surprised if they didn't do anything with that setting later down the line, so here's hoping :)