Author Topic: Relic Space (Featuring My First Commercial Soundtrack) Enters EA on Steam  (Read 943 times)

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Relic Space (Featuring My First Commercial Soundtrack) Enters EA on Steam
Hey everyone - the game featuring my first ever commercial soundtrack has entered Early Access on Steam: Relic Space. The music is quite different than the stuff I've been writing for FS mods, and it's nothing too crazy, but this is a significant milestone for me. The game itself is made by a solo developer, and he's done a really great job with it so far. If this game is your cup of tea, you can support the developer by buying the game or Deluxe Edition, and leaving a review so that Steam's algorithms start to include this game (it needs a minimum of 10 reviews from purchased copies). An EA demo through Steam isn't quite available yet, but an Alpha demo is still kicking around on the itch.io site: https://logophil.itch.io/relicspace

Game page on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146420/Relic_Space/

The Game:
Relic Space is a turn-based, roguelike RPG with '4X' strategy elements in which you help rebuild civilisation following a galactic catastrophe.
In the role of a legendary Omega pilot, you'll engage in deeply simulated, hex-based space combat as you explore and complete missions in over 40 distinct sectors, while acquiring new ships, and upgrading them with hundreds of equipment options.

Early Access (anticipated to last for about 1 year):
With detailed combat mechanics, faction-based strategy elements, multiple game modes, and countless ship upgrades, the EA version already offers a complete 'roguelike' gameplay experience with tens of hours of gameplay.
At the time of launching EA the available missions are mostly procedurally generated, and a lot more content – including the full handcrafted storyline, and new pilot skills, ships, and equipment – is planned, to create the truly epic experience we are aiming for. (So if your main interest is in the story, you may prefer to wait until full release before playing the game.)

Re: Relic Space (Featuring My First Commercial Soundtrack) Enters EA on Steam
Wishlisted. I'll see if I can get to the demo sometime and give it a play

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter

Thank you  :)

Ditto

Congratulations on getting your skills recognized and paid for !

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I don't have Steam, but it seems I now have a very good reason to create an account. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Ditto

Congratulations on getting your skills recognized and paid for !

Thanks... Hopefully this opens the door to more opportunities, but either way it's been a great experience!

I don't have Steam, but it seems I now have a very good reason to create an account. :)

The developer working on the game is putting a lot of work in, and has a roadmap for EA that will last about 1 year. If the type of gameplay appeals to you it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Congrats!

The game also sounds like something I would enjoy. Might check it out when I get a new PC.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

There's lots of cool, free stuff on there too, if you do get an account.