General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Hardware recommendation for current FSO/MVPs?

(1/1)

0rph3u5:
Hi everyone,

You might not be aware but I moved last year. That caused some considerable downsizing/decluttering and one item that didn't make the cut was my gaming/modding PC.

Now I am looking to buy new - preferably/more practicably not a stationary PC but a laptop.

As I don't keep up with developments of the MVPs and FSO nearly as closely as I maybe should, I would be grateful for some pointers and recommendations witv FSO modding in mind... What specs to aim for, any specific line of GPUs to avoid etc etc pp.

CT27:
Something I've heard a number of times is that when it comes to PCs:  you can use either Intel or Ryzen.  However...I've also heard that when it comes to graphics cards, NVIDIA works a little better for playing FS stuff than AMD cards.

EatThePath:
AMD might have a slightly worse track record, but Nvidia drivers did recently break our dynamic lighting with a driver update and it took us about six months to find a way to fix it. Nvidia has not yet fixed that to my knowledge, we just had to work around it. So neither company is without sin.

Colonol Dekker:
Runs fine on my 1660ti.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version