Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Sneaking about, and looking good doing it.

<< < (16/16)

FireCrack:
Grr. how dare you steal my cockpit glass texture  ;)

Anwyays, she looks quite good, but that link to the new Eff isn't working

Great job on a great model!!!

I would've darkened out the glowing parts in the main map though, so the ship looks nice should some fredder decide to turn off the glowmaps, or should we get code that turns off glows on debris.

StratComm:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by FireCrack
Grr. how dare you steal my cockpit glass texture  ;)

Anwyays, she looks quite good, but that link to the new Eff isn't working

Great job on a great model!!!

I would've darkened out the glowing parts in the main map though, so the ship looks nice should some fredder decide to turn off the glowmaps, or should we get code that turns off glows on debris.
--- End quote ---

Fair enough, since that glass texture is used on the Ares too ;)

The link's been fixed (it's a glowmap, duh).  And Turambar said he'd darken the stripes at some point.  Probably around the same time as getting to that animated glowmap...

FireCrack:
I thaught the ares used it's own texture, owell, mine wsa better ;)

Anyways, that's good to hear! How was the animated glowmap done for the original?

Raptor:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by StratComm
I updated the zip, but it's minor so don't waste your time downloading it again if you already have it.  If you do have it, add this eff file (right-click, save-as) to your data/maps directory.  It's a hack to get the static glowmap to override the animated glow in mv_adveffects.vp until a new animated one gets made.
--- End quote ---

What if one doesn't have the mv_adveffects.vp?:p

& BTW, that is one cool looking pegasus.  Haven't yet tried in game (been to busy messing with BSG stuff) but it looks great.

StratComm:
It's a 21 character ASCII file for a "1-frame animation".  Does it matter? :p

The old animated map was an ANI, done by lightspeed back in the day IIRC.  Unfortunately it doesn't line up perfectly with the new map, so that's why I posted up an override.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version