Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)

<< < (2/728) > >>

Turambar:

--- Quote from: Sushi on July 08, 2015, 05:07:08 pm ---To be fair, he has spent a huge chunk of his life trying to accomplish exactly what Star Citizen is going for, and probably has a better idea than nearly anyone about how incredibly hard it is to pull off.

--- End quote ---

He knows how hard the first 3 or 4 steps are, at least.

headdie:

--- Quote from: Sushi on July 08, 2015, 05:07:08 pm ---To be fair, he has spent a huge chunk of his life trying to accomplish exactly what Star Citizen is going for, and probably has a better idea than nearly anyone about how incredibly hard it is to pull off.

--- End quote ---

the difference is that Roberts is so far pulling it off, admittedly there is a long way to go before SC can be considered vaguely ready so time will be the witness of if he succeeds, but given the history of the two people I have massively more faith in Roberts abilities as a project leader than I could have in Smart short of releasing a very well polished game.

Aesaar:

--- Quote from: headdie on July 08, 2015, 05:17:53 pm ---

--- End quote ---

the difference is that Roberts is so far pulling it off, admittedly there is a long way to go before SC can be considered vaguely ready so time will be the witness of if he succeeds, but given the history of the two people I have massively more faith in Roberts abilities as a project leader than I could have in Smart short of releasing a very well polished game.

--- End quote ---
The only think CR is pulling off is feature creep and missing every single deadline he's ever set.  Oh, he's also amazingly good at selling virtual spaceships for hundreds or thousands of dollars. 

If, as that moron Lesnick says, avoiding dates is CIG's goal, they're pulling that off magnificently. 

Making a decent game?  No.  They're not even close.

headdie:
like I say in my last post, SC is a long way from being considered complete so time will ultimately show if my faith in Roberts is justified but given past histories, Roberts has a history of successful games, Smart's reputation crashed and burned somewhere in the 90s, who knows, maybe the 2010s will be when we turn on Roberts, I hope not because I respect the hell out of him but just as SC succeeding is a real possibility, so is it crashing and burning a large chunk of the internet world.

Luis Dias:
Am I missing something here?  Because apart from the hideously tl dr career story he offers about himself, I see no legal issues anywhere. Just an opinion. One that I even share at general.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version