RELEASE: MediaVPs 4.6.x - 9th of May 2022Discussion Thread Located Here!
Step 1: Ensure you have a working installation of Freespace 2
The MediaVPs require a working installation of retail Freespace 2. If you do not have the retail Freespace 2, it can be purchased from Good Old Games
for ~$6-10 USD
Step 2: Download the 4.6 MediaVPs themselves![DOWNLOAD] - Use Knossos:
Click below to get started. The latest revision is 4.6.x.
If you want to manually install individual packages, you'll need to write your own mod.ini and create the MediaVPs_46X folder in your FSO directory. Then use the link above and click "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links
" and install those packages into the MediaVPs_46X folder. This method is not recommended.
Manual Installs: Get the latest SCP Build and LauncherMediaVPs 4.6.x requires an FSO build 22.0.0 or greater!
- Current Required Build is fs2_open 22.0.0
- Launchers, if you don't have one already:
- All platforms: Knossos (combined launcher/installer/mod store) This is the recommended method. See Step 2.
- All platforms: wxLauncher
- Both the fs2_open exe and Launcher exe should be placed in your root Freespace2 install folder. ie: "C:\Games\FreeSpace2"
- Note that this is a HIGHLY recommended place to put your FreeSpace2 files, especially on Vista/Win7.
Play and enjoy! Also, please report any bugs you come across to the FSU Mantis!
- It's a good idea at this point to also copy fs2_open DEBUG exe into your root Freespace2 install folder in case you later on encounter problems you need to ask about on the forums. This is because the debug builds will create the all important "fs2_open.log" file in "user\appdata\HardLightProductions\FreeSpace2\data" that should always be included in such posts. For more information, please check (all posts!) in The Freespace Troubleshooting FAQ thread in the Freespace and Freespace Open Support Forum
- New Hi-poly Thoth
- New Hi-Poly Tauret
- New Hi-Poly Satis
- New Hi-Poly Aten
- New Hi-Poly Hercules
- New Hi-Poly Faustus
- New Hi-Poly Loki
- New Hi-Poly Zeus
- New Hi-Poly Valkyrie
- New Hi-Poly Triton
- New Hi-Poly TC-TRI
- New Hi-Poly Meson Bomb
- New warp effect
Deimos turret04 not rotated backwards by defaultNotes for Mods
Fix for Zephyrus nameplate
Zephryus & Erinyes added baked glows
Convert all old animations to the new animation system supported by 22.0
Use $Fixed Turret Collisions and $Fixed Missile Detonation: YES in mod.tbm
Taurvis's scaling fix for the HD HUD
Add Jolly Roger logos to relevant loop mission fighters
Correct Barracks and Campaign discrepancy in the Aquitaine mainhalls relating to hotkeys
--The animation changes will require mods to remove any subsystems listed that are no longer listed in the POFs. This does not apply to turrets. Things like docking arms and weapon bay doors are what to look for. Examine the -anim.tbms located in Assets_T and Assets_V to get an idea on which models to look at.
--The swirly subspace vortex has been moved to optional package MV_A_Warp.Older Release post for 3.6.10 Here
Older Release post for 3.6.12 Here
Older Release post for 3.7.2 Here
Older Release post for 3.8.x Here
Older Release post for 4.0.x Here
Older Release post for 4.1.x Here
Older Release post for 4.2.x Here
Older Release post for 4.3.x Here
Older Release post for 4.4.x Here
Older Release post for 4.5.x Here