Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

TBP on Linux/MacOSX

<< < (40/41) > >>

pecenipicek:
TBP and Zathras are NOT to be used as mods together with standard freespace stuff. TBP stuff needs to be separate from any and all freespace 2 data, since its you know, STANDALONE.

Spoiler:unless something massively changed with TBP, but i wouldnt know and i digress anyhow.

chief1983:

--- Quote from: pecenipicek on January 01, 2012, 06:42:49 pm ---since its you know, STANDALONE.

--- End quote ---

He may not actually know, you know.

HAZARDLEADER:
I was told it required zathras, to be installed  :banghead:  :hopping:  :confused:   :mad:  :nono:
the  veil of misinformation will be collapsed

The E:
Yes, TBP requires Zathras. However, as it is a full total conversion, it does not require FS2 data files and mods. Installing it in the same directory where you put FS2 might create errors.

As for the error message, it indicates a mistake made in the mission's event structure.

jureka:
Hi guys. I am trying to get this glorious piece of art up and running, however I have encountered an error. I am running OS X 10.8.5 on a MBP '13 mid 2009.

Note: when I say "I installed" I mean I installed it in a wine wrapper (almost no errors, can't remember) and moved outside to use with a launcher.

First I have downloaded and istalled FS2 from GOG, then I downloaded the open jar patcher/updater and let it patch everything. I downloaded wxLauncher and got base game up and running. It works flawlessy on max detailes. Sweet.

Now I know this is a standalone (lol @ups), and I installed both the newest and (later) the already installed one I found here on the forums ziped made for mac.I put the game directory in /User/Library.  I installed the newest Zathras patch on both.  I also got Inferno launcher and put it in the game directory  also. It starts, I see the splash screen, hangs, quits. Error.

--- Code: ---No joysticks found
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'slasher-mus.tbm' ...
slasher-mus.tbm(line 73:Error: Required token = [#Menu Music Start] or [#SoundTrack Start], found [#end] .
ERROR: slasher-mus.tbm(line 73:
Error: Required token = [#Menu Music Start] or [#SoundTrack Start], found [#end] .

File: /Users/lang/myprojects/fs2open_3_6_10_branch/projects/Xcode/../../code/parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 670
--- End code ---

Now here is the whole /User/Library/FS2_Open/data/fs2_open.log (I guess this is the one where inferno luncher writes to as this one shows me the error.

--- Code: ---==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
Opened log '/Users/jurek/Library/FS2_Open/data/fs2_open.log', Fri Sep 27 09:49:42 2013 ...
FreeSpace version: 3.6.10
Passed cmdline options:
  -ambient_factor 65
  -env
  -mipmap
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -nomotiondebris
  -spec
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -tbp
Building file index...
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/0rph3u5.vp' with a checksum of 0x6d372449
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-C-sp-EMW-3_0.vp' with a checksum of 0x5529d851
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-C-sp-RW-3_0.vp' with a checksum of 0x1ca3d242
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-Core-3_4.vp' with a checksum of 0xbda39a14
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-M-MultiPack-1_0.vp' with a checksum of 0xdcf27819
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/emi_100.vp' with a checksum of 0x3f3cdae5
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Gun.vp' with a checksum of 0x844bf030
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Nameplates.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b2a6520
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Revan.vp' with a checksum of 0x1e51cb13
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x7738890b
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Slasher.vp' with a checksum of 0xcbd3edf3
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x7738890b
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x7738890b
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x7738890b
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Vidmaster.vp' with a checksum of 0x1909b040
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Z_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0xdd9dffef
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Z_Multi.vp' with a checksum of 0xed9ea0f6
Found root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Zathras.vp' with a checksum of 0xe2de921c
Searching root '/Users/jurek/Library/FS2_Open/' ... 2 files
Searching root '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/' ... 9 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/0rph3u5.vp' ... 65 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-C-sp-EMW-3_0.vp' ... 188 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-C-sp-RW-3_0.vp' ... 724 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-Core-3_4.vp' ... 7607 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/B5-M-MultiPack-1_0.vp' ... 38 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/emi_100.vp' ... 327 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Gun.vp' ... 14 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Nameplates.vp' ... 349 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Revan.vp' ... 131 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Root_fs2.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Slasher.vp' ... 22 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/stu_fs2.vp' ... 3 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Vidmaster.vp' ... 7 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Z_Advanced.vp' ... 114 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Z_Multi.vp' ... 50 files
Searching root pack '/Users/jurek/Library/The Babylon Project/Zathras.vp' ... 430 files
Found 20 roots and 10089 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Apple Computer Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 640x480 with 16-bit color...
  Initializing SDL...
  Requested SDL Video values = R: 5, G: 6, B: 5, depth: 16, double-buffer: 1
  Actual SDL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 16, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor     : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer   : NVIDIA GeForce 9400M OpenGL Engine
  OpenGL Version    : 2.1 NVIDIA-8.16.74 310.40.00.10f02

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".

Compiling shader ->  null-v.sdr / null-f.sdr ...
  Shader in_error!  Disabling GLSL!

Max texture units: 8 (8)
  Max elements vertices: 1048575
  Max elements indices: 150000
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 705 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 40 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
ANI radar1 with size 130x106 (17.2% wasted)
No joysticks found
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'slasher-mus.tbm' ...
slasher-mus.tbm(line 73:Error: Required token = [#Menu Music Start] or [#SoundTrack Start], found [#end] .
ERROR: slasher-mus.tbm(line 73:
Error: Required token = [#Menu Music Start] or [#SoundTrack Start], found [#end] .

File: /Users/lang/myprojects/fs2open_3_6_10_branch/projects/Xcode/../../code/parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 670

--- End code ---

I am going to try get it running on windows and then move to osx, but for now... maybe somebody can write an up-to-date howto?

Thanks in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version