Author Topic: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack v2.0 RELEASED!  (Read 74098 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
The Babylon Project Campaign Pack v2.0 RELEASED!
The Babylon Project Campaign Pack v2.0

NOTE: If you downloaded The Babylon Project DVD, you DO NOT need this campaign pack as it is already included on TBP DVD.

The Babylon Project User-Made Campaign Pack v2.0

15 included Campaigns and Mission Sets:

Achen Flight School.......................................by Vidmaster
Dark Children*................................................by Vidmaster
Earth Alliance Training.......................by madaboutgames
Earth Brakiri War.................................by madaboutgames
Fortune Hunters - 2259*................................by Vidmaster
Fortune Hunters - 2260*................................by Vidmaster
Infestation............................................by madaboutgames
Operations.................................................... ...by Vidmaster
Survivor................................................by madaboutgames
Drums of War: Part 1..........................................by 0rph3u5
Drums of War: Part 2..........................................by 0rph3u5
The Black Hand: Episode 1................................by 0rph3u5
Awakening the Beast Demo.............................by 0rph3u5
Star Fury Pilot Single Missions........by madaboutgames
Misc Single Missions.........................by Various Authors

PLUS: Multiplayer Missions Update

Note: This Pack is UNSUPPORTED by TBP DevTeam.

(* - Requires use of (INF) Inferno Build that can be configured via the Launcher)

The Babylon Project User-Made Campaign Pack v2.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS:

ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-campaign-pack-20

Freespacemods.net:
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.82

Freespacemods.net: (Linux friendly archive)
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.402

MORE MIRRORS COMING!

Enjoy!

hip63 :p
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:45:30 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline vleon

Re: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack v2.0 RELEASED!
Hi!

i want to pack this up with tdp and freespace 2 for the arch linux gaming repository.
the fs2 and tdp part is made since both are provided in a linux friendlly way.

i could grab the .exe use something like cabextract or wine  to get the data out and pack it (we provide binary packages)
but it wouldnt be a probper solution since arch is also providing a file that allows people to easily build their packages (grab the files
from the net, extract them, put them in the right place..), and by using cabextract and manually downloading the file ill have to bypass
the easy package for all, and only package binary blobs :/

i was wondering if irts possible to host this pack in some freiendly way as well (tar.bz2 or even 7zip like tdp will do ;)
and in a network friendly way (having a constant link with preferably one file that can be used to grab anytime)

Its maybe too much to ask from people wo did tons already. but still i hoped you will do this tiny effort so i can help spread you awsome
pack.

cheers
leon vayman

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
First what the heck is tdp?  Second what is it you want to do exactly?  I'm really not understanding your post. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline vleon

tbp = the babylon project.

well yeah i didnt want to get into to much detailes to confused, but manged to anyway ^_^

to cut it short:

1) the pack is provided as an exe, yeah we could open it up but this will be somewhat of a hack, if you could just compess the game data and upload it would be awsome
2) the two links you have are problematic since they require the use of manuall downloading via a prwoser, in linux a pckage building script (the programm that installes the game
you can say) is automaticlly fetching the file from the web wrappes it up and packs it. if you could supply maybe a similiar download mirror to this:
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.220
where an app can grab the source without user interaction (the adress is always the same and its one file) it would be awsome.
i think you can upload to the same place, maybe even i can do it, so the first point of releasing an exe free version is more important.

ill download the exe meanwhile and maybe try to do what i requested bymyself to avoid confusion but anyway if you will do it, it will be awsome.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
You bundle campaign pack 2.0 on some linux site.
Hip releases campaign pack 3.0.
People are still downloading your out of date campaign pack 2.0 with the linux bundle.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline vleon

thats why im not bundling the data, and im not uploading to some linux site, im crating a linux package and
uploading the data alone to a freespace mods site for all to enjoy. it is also relevant to windows btw if you
dont mind using 7zip or winrar to unpack the content of the archive to your babylon folder (instead of using
a fancy installer)

Offline vleon

Here is the link to the linux and mac friendly version:
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.402

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I updated the webpage with this.  Should I remove the link to the v1.0 campaign pack?

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
yes

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Done.

Hi!

i want to pack this up with tdp and freespace 2 for the arch linux gaming repository.
the fs2 and tdp part is made since both are provided in a linux friendlly way.

i could grab the .exe use something like cabextract or wine  to get the data out and pack it (we provide binary packages)
but it wouldnt be a probper solution since arch is also providing a file that allows people to easily build their packages (grab the files
from the net, extract them, put them in the right place..), and by using cabextract and manually downloading the file ill have to bypass
the easy package for all, and only package binary blobs :/

i was wondering if irts possible to host this pack in some freiendly way as well (tar.bz2 or even 7zip like tdp will do ;)
and in a network friendly way (having a constant link with preferably one file that can be used to grab anytime)

Its maybe too much to ask from people wo did tons already. but still i hoped you will do this tiny effort so i can help spread you awsome
pack.

cheers
leon vayman

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
well v3.0 will be in the works soon or later so maybe a zipped version 3

Is there a timeline for all these campaigns?
So is there an order they in which they should be played?
Elvis has left the building. Alpha behind.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Not really. Also, some of these campaigns are out of date. Be sure to update Operations and Fortune Hunters!

Also, take a look at this link:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67371.0
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I can't get the pack from Filefront. What happened? :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
ModDB works fine for me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Checked again, it works now. I can't figure out what's changed in the past 30 minutes...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
For those who want "Drums Of War III": LINK
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Treki26

How do I install  this?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
NOTE: If you downloaded The Babylon Project DVD, you DO NOT need this campaign pack as it is already included on TBP DVD.

Get the DVD.