Off-Topic Discussion > Programming

Ludum Dare 30

<< < (2/2)

Akalabeth Angel:
Yeah, I'm trying to make a game too . . .  I've come to realize that scripting is a bit difficult haha. Particularly when I haven't done much of it before.

Akalabeth Angel:
Did anyone participate and get anything finished?

I did start a game but got engrossed in doing the artwork so . . . didn't finish a game. But my intent is to keep going and get something better finished than I could have done in 2 days.

Shivan Hunter:
yeah I made a weird one about cellular automata (Conway's Game of Life): http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-30/?action=preview&uid=28454

It has balancing issues that need to be resolved... it's too easy to get one of those virulent patterns (where a cell is born if it has 1 or 2 neighbors on) and keep it going forever. It's also easy to never get a good rule from the start and the pattern will die out within 4 or 5 worlds. (it starts with Conway's classic rules and mutates them randomly whenever you branch off into a different world)

Also the game screen is called MainMenu.java and the main menu screen is MainMenuForRealsYo.java #gamejamcode

Not sure connected worlds was such a good theme though. It inspired some interesting ideas, but there isn't that much to do with it compared to, say, "beneath the surface" from last LD.

Akalabeth Angel:
Well you got a lot of positive comments on there. That's great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version