Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

What I've Been Missing

<< < (3/3)

Vidmaster:

--- Quote from: wesp5 on December 08, 2021, 01:04:17 pm ---Vidmaster, if you ever decide to update or fix the Fortune Hunter campaign, it should be possible to include it in the current Knossos release of TBP. If you don't mind, I could go looking for typos and such myself, althouth I am not a native speaker either. But I doubt that I could fix real problems like broken missions...

--- End quote ---

Unless FUBAR finds the files in his old SVN somehow, I do not think that is happening. About 5 years ago, I decided that that project was over for good and deleted all my backups of it.

Consider this campaign to be in the hands of the community, I hereby give anyone who is interested permission to update or re-release any of my old TBP projects as that person sees fit, under the minor condition that the credits of the new version must still contain the names of every user who worked on the original versions (which is mostly myself and FUBAR-BHDR).

I actually did ask an HLP admin to remove my TBP moderator privileges too back then but nothing ever came of it  :lol:, which is why I am still a moderator here for some reason. With TBP, as-is, I am out of touch.

Trivial Psychic:
So I've been doing some work updating the ITB mission files... again.  This must be the 3rd or 4th time I've attempted this in the past 15 years, and while looking through what commheads the original mission files were looking for, I've realized that the current install is lacking a few that we used to have.  After searching through my archives, I've found 4 that aren't in the current version.  Initially it was a commhead for Captain Jankowski that I was missing, but once I finally found it, I also found heads for another EA starfury pilot, one for Mitchell (from the Battle of the Line), and a command head (as in, not a pilot) of Ulkesh.  Once I've got the mission files fixed up, and once I know how to upload things via Knossos, I will include these.  I've already renamed them to match the current convention.  I would however put it out there, that I could use a couple more that to my knowledge, don't exist yet.  One is for Captain Sterns (C.O. of EAS Lexington) and one for Lt. Sheridan, also from ITB.  All of the current heads are him when he's older and don't line up.  Of course, there have to be about a dozen other good candidates for commheads throughout the series and films, but I ain't gonna pressure anyone. :nervous:

[Update]
So the Mitchell head and other starfury heads appear to be color-inverted somehow.  I'm hoping the Jankowski one is at least intact.  Otherwise I might have to ask for some help in fixing them.

[Update2]
So the Jankowski head is also screwed.  I remember it working back in the old days, so something must have changed in FSO.  If anyone is willing to take a look at it, it would be appreciated.  Just let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version