Author Topic: modeler/texturer  (Read 1127 times)

Hello,
I noticed really old threads of people searching and hiring modelers and texturers, nothing recent though.
My question is where do I recruit a modeler and a texturer? I need one for a public release mod that I've been working on for a few months.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Your best bet nowadays would be on the Discord, but even then it's gonna be a bit hit-or-miss considering there's not many modellers out there these days who aren't terribly busy.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Depends on what you need. There are several active modellers in the community, but majority of them are either busy with their primary projects, including commercial ones. Usually something from community model pool may be adjusted for one's needs.

Join HLP Discord, and find the #modelling channel. Custom model requests are not likely to be fulfilled those days, because modern assets are mostly very detailed, with physically-rendered textures. Production of them requires time and effort. I don't want to discourage you from your search, but majority of currently active modellers are very picky when it comes to selecting projects they work for. As you noticed, many, many projects tried to happen in the past, and developers of many wanted to have custom assets in... And the last "many" is: Many of them failed. People who produce assets wants them to be used in successful projects.

So yeah, it's not easy nowadays, but you're welcome to delve deeper into the community and see how things looks like :].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.