Author Topic: HLP is Ten today!!  (Read 19406 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Great Happy Birthday wishes HLP! :yes:

From your registered member number 148.
Habeeb it...

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
In fact, if you look at the memberlist, you'll see for example that Kallfireth (first on the list) is u=5 (last characters on the browser's adress bar when you put your mouse on a profil's name) and Shrike (second registrated on the list) u=2

So, I don't think this number is related to the registration order. I'm user u=11406 but 8618 on the memberlist  ;7
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Happy birthday HLP indeed :). I had no idea the site only started up in 2001; was convinced it had been around for ages when i joined up (i has been visiting for at least a year before i joined up IIRC, so the site would've only been a year old).

Hats off to the admins for running a good site, and to everyone else for such a great community! :cool:

EDIT: 1036 is mine apparently.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Mine is 7291. It's one of the first numbers I saw when I joined.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

In fact, if you look at the memberlist, you'll see for example that Kallfireth (first on the list) is u=5 (last characters on the browser's adress bar when you put your mouse on a profil's name) and Shrike (second registrated on the list) u=2

So, I don't think this number is related to the registration order. I'm user u=11406 but 8618 on the memberlist  ;7
Perhaps it disregards accounts that have been deleted for whatever reason?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I remember when I got here after the VBB went down.

Yeah, a bunch of us came here around that time, or in the months leading up to it.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Happy Birthday HLP. And I realised that I joined at almost the midway point (September 2006). Wow, that's a while ago now!

EDIT: And I'm just about halfway in the list of members - 5073 according to the link on my name, and on the list there's 10063 total.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Happy Birthday, HLP! I knew HLP was created in 2001, but completely forgot the exact date. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dugrok

To a community I've recently gotten involved in: Happy 10 years and I hope this will last at least another 10!

Offline Kolgena

Someone should try and compile a then and now mini-album. I would be neat, but no doubt lots of work.

HBHLP

Sorry I'm late on this, but Happy Birthday HLP!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Where the in-game birthday cake w/ beams? C'mon, guys! ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
How about a Sandwich?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Viper01

YAY! Happy Birthday!  :D

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Happy birthday. :)
BTW, is any of these 20 first users still around (I think I've seen Kalifeth post somewhere relatively recently).

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
IceFire is around fairly frequently, Styxx was off-and-on for a while but I think Real Life has interfered, and one or two of the others have popped in on occasion.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
hahah congrats, somehow I still think of HLP as the new Freespace site' hahaha
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
HLP has maintained that "new" feel for as long as I've been a member, which is good, because it's like being in a house where everything from the furniture to the fittings looks new but feels homely. :nod:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
...where everything from the furniture to the fittings looks new but feels homely. :nod:
I think you mean "homey". :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

MP-Ryan