Author Topic: Video Game Character/s you cared about the most  (Read 9491 times)

Offline newman

Re: Video Game Character/s you cared about the most
Of all the things, why a Mycon?

Because of all the amazing Juffo-Wup? Also, they apparently taste great fried in butter. Seriously, SC2 is pretty much a hotspot for favorite game characters, there's many I absolutely loved in there. Admiral ZEX comes to mind, as well as pretty much any Thraddash captain :)

Also, Guybrush Threepwood.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lorric

Of all the things, why a Mycon?

Because of all the amazing Juffo-Wup? Also, they apparently taste great fried in butter. Seriously, SC2 is pretty much a hotspot for favorite game characters, there's many I absolutely loved in there. Admiral ZEX comes to mind, as well as pretty much any Thraddash captain :)

Also, Guybrush Threepwood.

I have a soft spot for the Thraddash.

Meanwhile, the last couple of nights I've been "sleeping like a Mycon" you might say, if Mycon sleep, climbing into a bed which has had four hot water bottles placed within some time ago. Mmmmm...  :D

I don't think those two know what they're getting into though...

If they're looking to make friends with the Mycon, I can't see it going too well myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3OB7Kjfm0A#t=0m47s

I am fond of Spoon. I don't want him to be killed by the Mycon...  :(

@ headdie

I know Red Alert isn't supposed to be taken entirely seriously, but I can't "care" about Tanya. Unless you mean you just like her, I like her too, but she's too bloodthirsty to care about for me.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:32:24 am by Lorric »

Offline Lorric

Oh and while we're at it...

Who's she?

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
I can't believe I left out Minsc and boo. What the hell is wrong with me?

GO FOR THE EYES BOO GO FOR THE EYES YAHH!!!

Offline Lorric

I can't believe I left out Minsc and boo. What the hell is wrong with me?

GO FOR THE EYES BOO GO FOR THE EYES YAHH!!!

Now those two look interesting  :D

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
@ headdie

I know Red Alert isn't supposed to be taken entirely seriously, but I can't "care" about Tanya. Unless you mean you just like her, I like her too, but she's too bloodthirsty to care about for me.

Kick ass and independent, whats not to like... from a safe distance of course lol.

I did forget to mention Mariko "Spirit" Tanaka from WC1/2
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

**** me, now I remember how incredibly angry I was when she died.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lorric

**** me, now I remember how incredibly angry I was when she died.

Ah, now this reminds me of something if I can find it that should be appropriate to this thread...

There we go. A review of Wing Commander when it came out:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue126/50_Wing_Commander.php

It's always stuck in my mind, I'd highly recommend anyone to read it. Read it again just now and still enjoy it. You can stop when it gets to "In Wing Commander, it's the year 2654." It's the opening part that's important here.

EDIT: Ah, what the heck. Copy! Paste!

"GROUNDBREAKING 3-D GRAPHICS COMBINED WITH REALISTIC CHARACTERS MAKE THIS A HEAVY FAVORITE FOR BEST GAME OF THE YEAR

I was terrified. It's still hard to admit, but I almost lost my wingman, and it would've been my fault.

Things just happened so quickly. it was just a routine mission, if there is such a thing. We knew that the Kilrathi had been dropping into the Vega system through one of the jump points in the area, so Spirit and I were out making the rounds, checking the possibles. Then - boom! - out of nowhere, we found ourselves in a swarm of Dralthi-class medium fighters. I gave the order to break, and Spirit kicked in the burners and headed into a group that was coming in low. I lit 'em up, too, and headed straight into two fighters dead ahead.

We traded laser blasts during a head-to-head pass. Then I took a chance and guessed that one of them would break straight up. I got lucky and slid neatly onto his tail. Playing the afterburners just right, I managed to stay behind him until his shields wore down, and I sliced right through his ion drive. Such a pretty explosion. A similar blast off to the right told me that Spirit was doing her thing, too.

Meanwhile, a loudmouthed furball had come around behind me and was heating up my sheilds with his lasers and heating up the comlink with a steady stream of insults. I had had it up to here with his "monkey boy" comments, so I honked the stick back into my lap for a quick look and activated a heat-seeker. We fought to a stalemate for several minutes as both our shields got weaker and weaker. Then the fleabag made a mistake; he got predictable. I anticipated his move and cut in behind him. Dead meat. They don't call me Catskinner for nothing!

Two blasts took his shields down to nothing, but some fancy flying kept me from finishing him off. That's when the first call for help came in from Spirit. She had been my wingman on my very first combat mission; we were compadres. I knew she was rock-steady but quiet - if she called for help, she really needed it. But just one more shot would finish off this arrogant cat-head in front of me. I really wanted him. I missed with another shot, and Spirit called for help again. Another shot was lining up nicely, but it would take a couple of seconds - time Spirit might not have. And I owed her, big time. So I gritted my teeth, whipped my fighter around, and headed off to help her, burners blazing.

She was really in a heap of trouble by the time I got there - no shields, no guns, and two Kilrathi on the hunt. I caught the first one by surprise and splattered him with a missile, but the other was lining Spirit up for the kill. I fired my laser at him till it overheated. His shields were down, but I couldn't finish him. I was desperate and could only think of one thing to do. My shields were strong, and his were down; so I lined him up in my sights, hit the burners, and flew right through him. The crash knocked my shields totally out, but my ship held together. His didn't.

Spirit and I managed to beat feet back to the Tiger's Claw, but I was badly shaken. I had almost let my wingman get killed because I let a fight get personal. I vowed not to let that happen again.

Right there. That's when you know a game has got you. When you start to think about the game characters as real people. When you start to get an emotional attachment to them. Wing Commander's characters get to you better than those in any other game I've seen."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:41:33 am by Lorric »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh and while we're at it...

*snip*

Who's she?

u don't know ur toe hose?
4shame

prohint: remove one letter from "Mycon"
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Myon. Got it 2nd attempt after trying Myco. There was a real life Myco girl.

Here's Myon:

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Youmu_Konpaku

Offline watsisname

*clicky* to see her rendered in awesome style.

Related:  Jeez, did I really just spend the last hour looking at touhou character fan-art?  That was time well-spent.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
And considering the amount of touhou art out there, you probably havent even seen 0.1% of it in that one hour  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't think of any right now, damn myself!

I'll definitely throw a vote to Boo and Minsc in the pot, just for the fun they provided :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I can't think of any right now, damn myself!

I'll definitely throw a vote to Boo and Minsc in the pot, just for the fun they provided :D

"What, no effect, I need a bigger sword"

two more

Pre Zerg Sarah Kerrigan
I am going to risk the wrath of the anti-consolites here but - Cortana
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

I may be a proud member of the glorious PC gaming master race, but even I'll admit Cortana is a well-written character.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline RVR72G

Entire Wardog squadron in Ace Combat 5, even if half of them keeps whining about war and whatnots in the most scenario (especially Archer).
And then, there's this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vry6J6htpg

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Curly Brace (Cave Story (The original version, not the crappy port))
Sue Sakamoto (Cave Story (The original version, not the crappy port))
Toroko (Cave Story (The original version, not the crappy port))

Cave Story+? I thought that was essentially the exact same thing in every way shape and form

John Marston from RDR
Roman from GTA IV. Despite me wanting to kill him at times, I enjoyed his antics
Lydia from Skyrim. I grew rather fond of her sarcasm and prowess in battle aka distraction
"No"

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Mackie   :nervous: And some ME characters, and of course I want the character I am playing as to survive :D Battlefield3 did a great thing where they executed "you" (The tank captain)
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Mackie   :nervous: And some ME characters, and of course I want the character I am playing as to survive :D Battlefield3 did a great thing where they executed "you" (The tank captain)

Like most aspects of Battlefield 3's story, that was cribbed from somewhere else that did it better.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Like most aspects of Battlefield 3's story, that was cribbed from somewhere else that did it better.

Well, if you want to go about stuff like that than pretty much everything younger than ancient Greece is a ripoff :P
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::