General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Unable to run FS2 in Vista

<< < (2/2)

Scooby_Doo:

--- Quote from: jr2 on July 06, 2007, 11:46:36 am ---You don't have XP?  From your old computer / installation?  IIRC, you should be able to dual-boot.

--- End quote ---

I ended up nuking it, the 180 eval version was nearly finished.

--- Quote from: blackhole on July 06, 2007, 12:31:15 pm ---Your absolutly sure you can't play with directX? I can play FS2 with either openGL or directX (in Vista).

--- End quote ---
I forgot about Dx version, that one does run, albiet i think it's missing a lot of the up-to-date stuff.

blackhole:
The DX code is old, raggedly and in horrible shape... but it does work.

jr2:

--- Quote from: Scooby_Doo on July 06, 2007, 04:42:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: jr2 on July 06, 2007, 11:46:36 am ---You don't have XP?  From your old computer / installation?  IIRC, you should be able to dual-boot.

--- End quote ---

I ended up nuking it, the 180 eval version was nearly finished.
--- End quote ---

So, do you have a legal copy of XP Pro that you could install?  If you do, then what I'd recommend is to torrent a copy of XP Corporate SP2, and use that.  Then you don't have to Activate the darn thing.  And you can set regdone=1 in the registry to get Windoze update, and get set up ... let me know if you need help.

Dark Hunter:

--- Quote from: karajorma on July 06, 2007, 02:22:50 am ---You must have the very latest drivers to run FSO on vista. The early OpenGL drivers were rather ****.

--- End quote ---

I take this to mean that there exist some OpenGL Vista drivers that actually work?
Where can I get these?

Turey:

--- Quote from: Dark Hunter on July 07, 2007, 09:20:33 am ---
--- Quote from: karajorma on July 06, 2007, 02:22:50 am ---You must have the very latest drivers to run FSO on vista. The early OpenGL drivers were rather ****.

--- End quote ---

I take this to mean that there exist some OpenGL Vista drivers that actually work?
Where can I get these?

--- End quote ---

www.nvidia.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version