Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 107278 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
Could you fix images in the first post? Half of them don't show up for me.
Also, the Formidable is not fixed. Gatlings are fine, but the rest of the turrets are still offset. And for some reason, normals on it's missile launchers are pointing sideways instead of forward.

It's more than just the gattlings?   Yup your right, I'm going to see if I can write a script that automatically fixes this.  As for the missile turrets, not sure what is going wrong there, they look fine in pcs.

And script is done ya! Just select the entire turret and one mouse click and I'm done.

As for the pictures... i'm not sure what that is, they all show up for me. photobucket issue?

That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
As for the missile turrets, not sure what is going wrong there, they look fine in pcs.
Not missile turrets, the SSM launchers. Also, I don't mean polygon normals, but firingpoint normals. Take a look at "turrets" tab in PCS2 and you'll see all the issues I'm talking about.

Ohhh. those.. opps. let me cancel the upload then LOL.
Those smaller missile turrets should be pointing up, they can rotate.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

See if this version solves those problems:   http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Release/Formidable-08-15-12.7z

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's working now. The problem with SSM launchers isn't exclusive to Formidable, BTW. Could you check capships you updated recently for the issue? I know the Voigtlander has this problem, too.

Ya the base model for the launcher had the firepoints set wrong.  That propagated down to the ships, sometimes I just import the turrets from completed ships, inheriting the problem.  At least this fix is easy, just a quick edit to the pofs fixes it.  Its just a matter of me remembering to fix it before saving.

I've just uploaded a beta test version of the starbase.... test it out  :)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81200.msg1630502#msg1630502

Predator has been released

edit: Also done with the "p"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:53:31 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So what now? A string of "r" fighters? Raven sounds intriguing, but I already know the rest of them (doesn't make them any less awesome though).
Also, now that I look at it, the Predator could use front missile bays on the flat surfaces under the intakes. It's probably too late for that though.

I think I have the bays nearby.  I think I just choose the single bays to launch all the missiles.

R's:
My Rapier
Tiny rapier
Raptor
Raven

Reaper

Last two need some considerable updates. My rapier will be based on my rapier version, the tiny rapier will be based on klav's version that was going to be used in saga, and the raptor needs MASSIVE amounts of work... in fact pretty much 100% redo.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
cant wait to see the raptor
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Reworking the rapier mk 3 or 4 or whatever version now. 100% total redo, well considering I have a time-date stamp from 2004  :eek2:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think I have the bays nearby.  I think I just choose the single bays to launch all the missiles.
I didn't meant underside bays. I meant front "launcher-style" bays. If you look on the Predator from the front, there's a rather big (about the size of the intakes), unaerodynamic flat surface that serves no purpose. Launchers like those on Cougar would fit there perfectly.

Oh those extensions... I think I know what you're talking about now.  That part came from the Avenger model and is too short to carry missiles.  I could stretch it so it goes all the way back and then I can put launch tubes there.

typo under the Demon-1-11-11.rar should be 1-1-11.rar

typo under the Demon-1-11-11.rar should be 1-1-11.rar

Thanks and fixed. Hmm must have released it on new years day....

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Oh those extensions... I think I know what you're talking about now.  That part came from the Avenger model and is too short to carry missiles.  I could stretch it so it goes all the way back and then I can put launch tubes there.
I took a close look at that section and this would be a good idea. It'd streamline the ship somewhat, make it looks a bit less like a kitbash (the Avenger isn't too obvious, but still noticeable).

Just uploaded it.. see if it looks better now....

make it looks a bit less like a kitbash (the Avenger isn't too obvious, but still noticeable).
LOL well you don't know my models very well ROFLOL  :D

Rapier mk 3 added... next up.. the tiny rapier which will also need a name. 
Also didn't  realize the pulse particle was a rapid fire gun, oh well, i'm sure you will want to change that to whatever you want.

Edit: Actually Katana is next... but on another note.. opps I've just noticed that the texture space sizes vary from ship to ship.  Although about the only time you'd really notice it was if you put something like a bearcat right next to a centaur, the panel bolt would appear much larger on the centaur.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:38:23 pm by Scooby_Doo »