Author Topic: Well  (Read 2541 times)

I've recently started playing through all of the campaigns for FreeSpace, and although until now I finished only 3, I already have some... problems.
First off, I think it would be a nice thing if you could have a look through Alliance Fights Back. With some english checks, some ingame directives and a couple of minor changes to the missions (eg, give bombs to bombers) it could be a very entertaining campaign.
Secondly, in the Awakenings campaign (I know you've already been through it) in the mission where the Normandy battlegroup enters the Ross 128 system. After you finish up the already existing defenders, alpha 4 signals that he/she found a subspace anomaly, after which he is instructed to check it out, so the ship receives a follow-waypoint-path order. However, if during the previous engagements you give any orders to Alpha wing, Alpha 4 will ignore the follow-waypoint-path order, leading to the mission stalling and nothing ever happening.
And lastly, do you guys mind if I use this as a feedback thread for the campaigns I've been through, provided they either were or will possibly be in your attention?
ktistai228

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Each specific report about a campaign belongs to that campaign's release thread... ;)

I don't know Alliance Fights Back, and considering the current shortage of people I don't think we'll be able to work on it anytime soon. :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Understood, I'll take the Awakenings problem to its respective thread. Can I then leave this thread for campaigns you have not addressed?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well, I have nothing against it... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Destiny of Peace is seriously borked. Really, although doing everything By the book, it gave me a good couple of errors, like missing guns OR SHIPS! Except the Amun and the Anubis, most Vasudan ships weren't detected in-mission, although they were very much present in the tech lab. Maybe I am stupid, but please check. Also, in Crucible, you can't hear the weapons firing for a reason:(.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Destiny of Peace is seriously borked. Really, although doing everything By the book, it gave me a good couple of errors, like missing guns OR SHIPS! Except the Amun and the Anubis, most Vasudan ships weren't detected in-mission, although they were very much present in the tech lab.
Running on very little info, it looks to me that the Destiny of Peace version that you are trying to run was made for an older version of the Port. The mission files are probably being directed towards GVxx rather than PVxx (with the exception of ships exclusive to FS1, like the Anubis and Amun) since until v3.0 it was still possible to play the FS2 campaign with the Port active.

Yup, sounds very probable. Maybe someone should give it a check? It's a good campaign, and it really deserves it

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
You must have something incorrectly installed or you don't have the current version.  I've been playing a version dated from 2007 with the current SCP upgrades and have not had any problems.  Use the version downloaded from this location and make sure you modify the mod.ini file to point to the mediavps_3612 rather than just the mediavps.

http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/

You also might try playing with a new pilot it could be the pilot file corruption problem.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.