Author Topic: RELEASE: FS2 Stock Missions with Lightspeed Nebulae  (Read 33766 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: RELEASE: FS2 Stock Missions with Lightspeed Nebulae
What happened with this file? It seems that it doesn't exist anymore :(

Fairly sure its in the media VPs
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Phoenicia should be invul... its a bug to be destroyed. But I prefer the old way, you dont know when if going to live or die.

I've been hearing that as long as I've been in the community but I don't think it's true. I can't see either Ship-Guardian or Invulnerable used on the Phoenicia anywhere.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Fairly sure its in the media VPs

Sure?

Because I don't know :-|
I've all current Media VPs with the 3.6.9 AddOns and 3.6.9 RC7, but i thought there're only the Missions with ship nameplates but not the missions with the nebulae  :rolleyes:

But i'll check it, thx for answer.

To the Phoenicia Question.

When i'm remember correct, the Phoenicia was destroyed by the Sathanas simply always in vanilla.
I had to play this Mission multiple times at my last run, and it survived always with 1-10 percent hull.

IMO this is a litte strange when i see that the Psamtik is going down in notime.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The phoenicia is destroyed or survives depending on whether it can activate its warp engines quickly enough to escape. Even in retail it sometimes mades it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Watch this: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43608.0.html

If anyone could upload the file, I will be happy to mirror it via wcsaga.com.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
[Edit]

First post updated with a new file location, hosted by WC Saga courtesy of Tolwyn.  Thanks Tolwyn!  :)

Now all we need is someone to redo "Their Finest Hour" altogether... :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:12:47 am by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Now all we need is someone to redo "Their Finest Hour" altogether... :)
Just fix the beam-free-all events; that alone makes the mission far more exciting. :)

BTW, the link in the first post needs to be updated.

Ah, nice.

A new link :)

thx for help and thx to the guys at wcsaga for host it :)

Quote from: Tolwyn
Watch this: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43608.0.html

Yes, i saw it right after my post, but i didn't want to edit my post :-P
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline ShivanSpS

This will be added to 3.6.9 Vps right?

Offline ShivanSpS

oh... remember the mission to destroy the knossos? well the Renenet say " Command we are detecting 2 wings of Mara fighters...." But those are asteroghts... or wharever is says...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A Flaming Sword.  Yeah, there are a whole bunch of things wrong with that mission.  It could stand to be bugfixed a bit.

Offline ShivanSpS

ahh yes, the weapons lock on the Renenet too xD

Offline Admiral Nelson

If you guys can be specific about what bugs you have found. I'll be happy to clean them up.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
1) The whole "lure the Shivans to the Renenet" thing is broken.  The directive uses one technique, and the goal uses another.  And those techniques are not 100% reliable; it's very easy for the mission to dead-end because of a hole in the logic, even though you did everything you were supposed to.

2) As a corollary to (1), the rest of Alpha wing should break formation if they get attacked.  Currently they're slaved to following waypoints, which means that 9 times out of 10, the Shivans wipe them out before they can be lured in range of the Renenet.

3) The Renenet says "Command, we have sanitized the area" when you destroy the first two wings of fighters, but the third wing has already arrived.  The third wing should probably be cued to arrive only after the freighter has arrived.

4) The Renenet often says "Alpha, your vessel must be no less than 3,000 meters from the center of the portal" even though I am, in fact, more than 3,000 meters away.

5) The "Protect Renrnrt" goal (which should be spell-checked) becomes true immediately upon the Sathanas jumping in.  It should only become true after the Renenet departs.

6) Use "$Debriefing Success Music: Average" (an undocumented feature!) at the end of the music section so that the Average music plays instead of the Success music.  (On that note, do the same for Their Finest Hour.)

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.  There may be more.

Offline ShivanSpS

Calling Maras to Asteroths... :P

Offline Admiral Nelson

The most basic issue in this mission is that you are given the task to lure very fast fighters back to the corvette with slow fighters.  It is absurd from the get go.  In the other 'lure the enemy to the cruiser" mission, Alpha gets Perseus fighters to lure back Hercs.  This is not difficult to do since the Perseus is a good deal faster.  There is no way Taurets are going to be able to do anything but die trying to fly back 4 clicks pursued by Astaroths.  Thus, you are forced to fight the Shivans away from the corvette, or watch your wingmen perish.  I changed the Shivan fighters back to Maras, and replaced the Taurets with Serapis interceptors, and the luring thing seemed to work.  There are two problems here:
1) The Serapis is so fast that all the snarky Meson bomb comments come too late.
2) None of Alpha wing suffered as much as a paint scratch, as the corvette plus Serapis combination mops the floor with the Maras.

So I am making progress, but still more to be done.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:34:22 am by Admiral Nelson »

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
sounds like command's complete ineptitude was the only thing keeping the game balanced...
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Dysko

Some times ago, I wanted to do loading screens for FS2 stock missions, capturing ingame screenshots of every mission (but, so far, I made only the "Surrender, Belisarius!" one :nervous:). Admiral, are you interested?
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Admiral Nelson

If you can figure a way to do so plausibly but without including spoilers, sure.

Offline Dysko

If you can figure a way to do so plausibly but without including spoilers, sure.
:nervous:
I didn't think about that... I only wanted to capture cool shots (for example, in the one that I already made you see the Belisarius pierced by the Psamtik's beam). I'll try to do them as less spoilering as possible.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it