Author Topic: Release:Shrouding The Light (STL+Origins) upgrade  (Read 13623 times)

Re: Release:Shrouding The Light (STL+Origins) upgrade
Forgot to say thank you for your work on this Macfie.  Haven't had much time to play it yet, but I'm not getting any errors anymore and it's a very enjoyable campaign.

Are you going to integrate the fixed Siege mission into the main download?  I'm not quite sure how to pack the mission into the existing .vp files.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:53:03 pm by Soul Reaver »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Yes, I'm going to integrate the mission into the VP files.  I hope to get to posting the new files this week end.  I'll post in this thread when the new ones are up.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CT27

Soul Reaver, if you want to do it ahead of time:

Create a "missions" folder in the "data" folder of the main Shrouding The Light folder and place the updated Siege mission in that.

Offline Macfie

I've uploaded the updated files to Gamefront and Moddb.  Both locations are available now. All the missions were modified to use the FS1 success and failure music in the debriefs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:10:02 am by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CT27

When I clicked on the Moddb link the page said the last update for the campaign was May 12. (May 23 is when you posted you had the most recent version ready)  Is the most recent version (fixed "Siege" + fixed debriefings) for sure there?

Offline Macfie

Moddb lists the original post date.  The download file is FSP_STL.2.7z which is the second update and is the current version.

Offline CT27

On that note, is Gamefront's the right version then since it doesn't have the "2" in the download file link that Moddb's has?

Offline Macfie

Yes it doesn't do versions like Moddb does.  I had to completely remove the old version and up load the new version on Gamefront.  On Moddb I just had to upload the new version and it deleted the old version and added a version number.

Offline CT27

Congratulations on getting another one of your projects in the monthly newsletter. :)

Offline CT27

I ran into an error (though not gamebreaking) in STL.

ALL of the missions give the successful debriefing music (even ones like the one where the Ironclad is destroyed.  I don't recall that happening before.

I was playing on 3.8.0 RC2.