Author Topic: BETA RELEASE: Revenge Final Conflict  (Read 33951 times)

Re: RELEASE: fixed 100% revenge
Even at the risk of repeating myself

Given the amount of bugs appearing over this campaign, wouldn't it be reasonable to recall it "Open Beta" or something like that until all new errors are fixed?

Obviously, this still needs some work...

Yes... And due to the fact that it seems like Novachen is doing the work here, it should be her re-releasing the campaign  :lol:

never ask bryan see to fix stuff
he send you fake fixes

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well so far i am only trying to fix all the technical issues.

For that i am going through this campaign with FRED2 Debug, because this report the same errors as a build of the game itself.

That make sure, that at least all missions are runable... but that does not guarentee, that these missions will be solvable. Fredding Errors are a different story and need bug reports ;).
Because actually i do not have the time to playthrough a 88 mission long campaign quite fast ^^.

Also i do not fix all the german text that is still left in this version. I have enough to do with my translations from english to german ^^.

But if i am able to gain my hands on the original german version, maybe i will create a multi-language version of that and so fix some text errors in the translation also.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:07:07 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
So, i am already done with this. The attachment includes all missions, that i fixed in the process.

That means, every mission should be playable without any crashes. But Fredding Errors can still be present, because i did not check the missions for that.

In some missions there is a weapon in the loadout, that was edited and got an new name, but is not allowed for the player due to the weapons.tbl. I do not know if the non-allowance was intended by the developer, because this one seems to be a Tornado successor. But to be sure, i delete this weapon from the loadout in the missions, so that this weapon is still unavailable for the player (was not available in Open anyway). Maybe it was intended to be allowed for the player, but was a simply oversight that was not relevant for retail. But as far i do not have more information about that, i do not add the necessary flag in the weapons.tbl.
So i am curious about, if the loadout in some missions is still correct as it was in the original version.

This package includes 43 fixed missions, that produced error messages in a debug build, some errors were only minor and the missions were still playable, but others caused the game to crash.
So nearly a half of this "100% fixed" release had minor or bigger technical issues ;)

Extract this attachment in your Revenge folder. The data and missions folder will be created automatically then.

Following missions were fixed:
Chapter 1:
13a, 14a, 14b, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 25

So 10 of the 34 missions of chapter 1 had issues

Chapter 2:
35, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 47, 48, 50, 52, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60

17 of the 28 missions of chapter 2 had issues.

Chapter 3:
61, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84

16 of the 23 missions of chapter 3 had issues.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

gread work
post it on knosses

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
There it is.

Even i have declared this version as a Beta, because i can not guarantee, that all missions are solveable.

but if you saw on mission file name revenge001 i think it suposted to be over 100  missions
whats extra 0 for
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:13:59 pm by woutersmits »

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Maybe the developer did not know how much missions his campaign will have as he fredded the first one?

Maybe the once planned sequel would have continue the count? So that Revenge2 had started with revenge-085.fs2?

Who knows? Actually i think that the filename is totally irrelevant ^^

It is the same question if you ask why some missions are called a and b.. even these are no branching ones. He called them so, that is everything that matters ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:32:42 pm by Novachen »

Who's developer is he exist on hlp

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
That is SFN-Darkwarrior

But he logged in 2005 for the last time ^^. So it is very unlikely to get a response.

You worked through an entire campaign and don't even know who made it? :wtf:

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Some people here look pretty confused ;)

Actually i do not know, what this topic here is about... why this one is called "fixed 100% revenge" in the first place as it seems never to be playtested... i mean. what Bryan See was restoring in it (he is credited in the OP at least), if some of the missions were not even able to load in FRED2 without error screens? And well.. because the topic is by wouter it is mainly his project, but he releases it also before a testing or even playing stage.

"Hooray, i created a Release topic on HLP" was the main intention as it seems.

"COMMUNITY PROJECT: You have to fix Revenge to a 100% working status" would be the better name of this topic..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:14:35 pm by Novachen »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Some people here look pretty confused ;)

Actually i do not know, what this topic here is about... why this one is called "fixed 100% revenge" in the first place as it seems never to be playtested... i mean. what Bryan See was restoring in it (he is credited in the OP at least), if some of the missions were not even able to load in FRED2 without error screens? And well.. because the topic is by wouter it is mainly his project, but he releases it also before a testing or even playing stage.

"Hooray, i created a Release topic on HLP" was the main intention as it seems.

"COMMUNITY PROJECT: You have to fix Revenge to a 100% working status" would be the better name of this topic..
  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline CT27

So I take it in the final combat mission that

Spoiler:
You can't save the corvette Malovelence even if you're quick about disabling Sathanas beams

Is that true?

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
If you mean "The last countdown" as the final combat mission... then yes.

Spoiler:
Because the Malovence self-destructs and sacrifice itself

Offline CT27

That's what I meant by the last combat mission, yes.

IIRC the couple of missions after that were just dialogues basically.

i cant end the mission "a new home"

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Which mission is that and what is the problem there?  :sigh:

act 2 last mission and i cant end it because the  Malovence does not move