Author Topic: the tachyon.exe process still inactive  (Read 3032 times)

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
the tachyon.exe process still inactive
Hi, I just purchased the game from steam, but when I launch it, the tachyon.exe process does nothing..
I'm running under windows 7, and I have successfully checked the file integrity with steam.
Thanks for your answers :)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: the tachyon.exe process still inactive
Ok. Set the settings using tachyon.exe but use space.exe to launch the game.  tach.exe is the launcher similar to the original fs2 launcher except more buggy. try doing all this directly not through steam to start with until it runs.

typing my phone...will check back later
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
unfortunately, the result is the same : I have run tachyon.exe as admin, in windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, and the process still here and does nothing. The only difference is that now the process takes 19000K memory, whereas before (when launched with steam) it was taking 20000K memory.

Offline JGZinv

Here's the main files that're known working form my install.

http://www.filedropper.com/tachreplacement

You can drop this on top of the install directory and overwrite, or copy everything you've got to a duplicate folder, then drop these on top.

Really Tachyon.exe doesn't do much... you can bypass it entirely and just add lines to a text file.
That file is in this set, but it's going to be set to my default video drivers.

But try overwriting with this, see if you can't run Tachyon.exe then. Or try launching Space.exe directly too.

*scratches chin*  There's a couple other things it might be... but we'll start here.
You can get me over IM if you need to, I'll drop in the freespace and fringespace IRC rooms for today in case you want to directly get me.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
thanks :) space.exe works fine, but tachyon.exe doesn't. Anyway, that doesn't matter ; and your configuration works well on my pc  ;)

However, do you know how to modify Front.cfg manually ?

Offline JGZinv

tachyon.cfg is most of the settings. Front.cfg has to be decrypted first, then you can edit it as text.
Front is like the description text or tags for menus and a couple things with setup. What you want is tachyon.cfg.

The *.sav player, mpplay, and space files are your save games FYI.

Short of editing the code part of the exe, there's not really anything I've not touched in the game before.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:19:08 pm by JGZinv »