Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 291041 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
If you have it, upload it.  The link in that thread doesn't work.

Wow just had to say what a campaign. I don't normally say much on here, but for this i felt i really had to! Some phenomenal missions to play through, and still has that classic feel that of the FS1 and 2 where many questions are asked and few are answered, but still leaving a great storyline.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm sorry, I couldn't find the file. It has a strange name and I don't have an audio card(necessary, in this case, to find the correct file)   :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Heh it would have been cool to hear a human Vasudan voice. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Wow just had to say what a campaign. I don't normally say much on here, but for this i felt i really had to! Some phenomenal missions to play through, and still has that classic feel that of the FS1 and 2 where many questions are asked and few are answered, but still leaving a great storyline.

Thanks. I don't have any immediate plans for a sequel, but you may be interested in this thing I put up to answer some of those questions. (contains spoilers)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I'm sorry, I couldn't find the file. It has a strange name and I don't have an audio card(necessary, in this case, to find the correct file)   :(

Hmm.  Are you looking for a really good sound card?  Medium quality?  Or just a good ole SB equivalent?  If the latter, then you can get them for about $10 on Ebay.  :p  ;)

Thanks. I don't have any immediate plans for a sequel, but you may be interested in this thing I put up to answer some of those questions. (contains spoilers)

Thanks, good reading. I definitely will be looking out for any more of your stuff you release!!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Someone deleted my post...

Well, anyway:

SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!

I demand a sequel of equal if not greater proportions for PI! :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Mah, a voice acted edition. That's what we need.

Hmm.  Are you looking for a really good sound card?  Medium quality?  Or just a good ole SB equivalent?  If the latter, then you can get them for about $10 on Ebay.  :p  ;)

I have an audio card but I can't install it. I need the controller di bus di gestione sistema )("gestione" means "managing" and "di" means "of"...do you know what the hell is it?). I would UL that Vasudan voice, a voice acted PI will be full of Vasudan voices.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

That doesn't add any plot, does it?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well...we could always add a final cutscene...with a voice acted text(yes, that text...the extra) ;7
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

I have an audio card but I can't install it. I need the controller di bus di gestione sistema )("gestione" means "managing" and "di" means "of"...do you know what the hell is it?). I would UL that Vasudan voice, a voice acted PI will be full of Vasudan voices.

OK, get CPU-Z (in my sig), send me the report (last tab"About", HTML dump), and I will point you to the file(s) you need for your card, if I can.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well...we could always add a final cutscene...with a voice acted text(yes, that text...the extra) ;7

I still want a sequel.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Same but please, stop whining about it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
OK, get CPU-Z (in my sig), send me the report (last tab"About", HTML dump), and I will point you to the file(s) you need for your card, if I can.

I used Everest Home, I DLed some drivers...without good results.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Same but please, stop whining about it.

The post got deleted.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

I used Everest Home, I DLed some drivers...without good results.

Let me try.  :p  :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok, but let's talk about it on MSN. We're OT here :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

One possibility is to add in some ideas I had that were were dropped in the final release due to time constraints. At one point, I was planning to have an extra mission between 15 and 16 (was actually going to be in a gas giant's upper atmosphere, if I could get the gravity feature to work), a short intro cutscene of the PCA's initial attack on December 17 and a longer cutscene during the entire mission 13 dialogue, depicting what they talk about. However, I think it's not a good idea to do this stuff now since most people aren't going to be willing to play through the campaign again for just one or two new things. That effort would be much better spent towards a sequel. In any case, I won't get started on anything until January at the earliest, after my qualifying exams are over.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
However, I think it's not a good idea to do this stuff now since most people aren't going to be willing to play through the campaign again for just one or two new things.

What what what what?!?

It's completely wrong! I want to play through PI again(I want an audio card)and I will do it again should a voice acted version be released!!!!

Come on!!!
The Lightblue Ribbon