Author Topic: Joining your team?  (Read 7715 times)

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Hah... I haven't seen any hiring thread so I'm posting this one :P

Can I join your team?

I'm experianced FREDer, weapon creator, tabler I can also modify some existing effects.
Now I'm working in Inferno Alliance Team, Gundam Seed Team, I've got also two other projects: Earth Defence and Apocalypse III.
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
I've seen your work, Shiv. Nice stuff!

However, until I get a little further, I'm going to continue solo. Not forever, mind you. I, too, have real life responsibilities, and I know that it often takes someone else's point of view to make a great story. FS2H has been my hobby for the last year, and it has since become obsession. My vision for this project was to crank it out until I was unable to take it further. Then I was going to sort of "give" it to the HLP community and have it redone and rerealized by people with much more modding experience than myself. But before then, I will be asking for help with it.

So, in a nutshell: sure, I'd love to work with you guys. But give me a little time to finish what I've started first, then I'll team up. And besides, you've got to complete your own projects, so use this time to polish what you have now. Rest assured I'll call out to the community for aid the moment I turn this solo project public.  :yes:

And I am indeed flattered that you want in. Like I said, give me some time and sure! The same goes to anyone else who'd like to join me. I suppose this thread could be used for such a purpose.

SO! If you want in the project later, write a post like Shiv's and we'll see where it all goes!

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
So if you'll need help you'll tell me, right? :)
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Of course  :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Whoa HLP hosting :yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
My vision for this project was to crank it out until I was unable to take it further. Then I was going to sort of "give" it to the HLP community and have it redone and rerealized by people with much more modding experience than myself.
I'll tell you right now, that is not going to happen.  Practically every single one of the hosted projects on HLP, GameWarden, and SectorGame have only lived as long as the interest level of their original project leader.  I can count on one hand those that haven't, and they've been projects where "up and coming" project leaders were given sort of an apprenticeship training before they took over.

Therefore, you have to face the fact that this project lives or dies according to what you do with it.  If you want it to expand beyond your capabilities as a solo designer, you have to start taking additional people on as staff.  If you want it to continue beyond your "term of office" as project leader, then you have to take another person on as "apprentice project leader" at least a year before you leave.

Furthermore, I strongly caution against "redoing" any of your finished work.  It's basically the surest way to send your project into purgatory.  In the TVWP, I hired someone to expand the Terran fleets fivefold, which resulted in the quickly-developing project coming to a screeching halt and all the staff members losing interest over the subsequent year.  Now it's laying in hibernation until I can finish the last few missions.  Inferno and BWO have also suffered from the modellers continually redesigning and improving their models.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Congratulations, Devrous.  You now have a subforum to rule :)

Shiv could be the first of a number of members who want to help you. I have 1,000 WIPs so I can't help you right now...I'm sorry :(

Furthermore, I strongly caution against "redoing" any of your finished work.  It's basically the surest way to send your project into purgatory.  In the TVWP, I hired someone to expand the Terran fleets fivefold, which resulted in the quickly-developing project coming to a screeching halt and all the staff members losing interest over the subsequent year.  Now it's laying in hibernation until I can finish the last few missions.  Inferno and BWO have also suffered from the modellers continually redesigning and improving their models.

You're damn right, Goober....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
I see. Well, I thank you for the reality check. I am new to this, after all  :)

However it doesn't look like my interest in this will fade anytime soon, so it'll be for the better, eh?

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

He always is.

Which would explain his being admin :p :lol:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You don't have to be always right to be an admin, but it helps. :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

He always is.

Except when he messes with the fabric of space-time.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

He always is.

Thus explains my sig...

Say, Devrous, I know I'm not like a big forum junkie or anything, but I do have alot of spare time on my hands, and my computer can run Freespace SCP pretty nicely with a good frame rate. And I'm also getting a new video card anyways as if it wasn't good enough. When you get to the time to accept members into the project you think i could beta test? I always wanted to take part in a project in some kind of way...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Say, Devrous, I know I'm not like a big forum junkie or anything, but I do have alot of spare time on my hands, and my computer can run Freespace SCP pretty nicely with a good frame rate. And I'm also getting a new video card anyways as if it wasn't good enough. When you get to the time to accept members into the project you think i could beta test? I always wanted to take part in a project in some kind of way...

Sure thing  :)

sweet  :D Thanks. Contact info is obviously in my profile or PMs work too. Can you give us an approximate time where you will start taking other members for work as well?

Does that mean i get a cool badge too? :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:13:56 pm by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.