Author Topic: looking to new games  (Read 8285 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
KoTOR = Knights of the Old Republic. There's 2, they're both excellent RPGs imo, although KotOR 2 is somewhat incomplete. A fan restoration project is underway, and looks like it'll be done end of this year to early next. They're set in the Old Republic, about 3000 years before the movies.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
knights of the old republic, defiantly star wars! and i never heard anything about this!, i had not known star wars released such a game, star wars galaxies aside i also didnt know they are doing mmo version either or if they are doing an mmo version.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Topgun

The only (retail) game I am looking forward to is Descent [V.
    We have sold “Fallout” to a third party and have obtained the License Back to allow us to create, develop and exploit a “Fallout” MMOG. We are planning to exploit the License Back of “Fallout” MMOG and are reviewing the avenues for securing financing of at least $30 million to fund its production."

"The Company is now focused on a two-pronged growth strategy. While the Company is working to secure funding for the development of a MMOG based on the popular “Fallout” franchise, the Company is at the same time exploring ways to leverage its portfolio of gaming properties through sequels and various development and publishing arrangements. The Company is planning, if the Company can obtain financing, to develop sequels to some of the most successful games, including Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, Descent and MDK. The Company has reinitiated its in-house game development studio, and has hired game developers. Initial funding for these steps will mainly derive from the remaining proceeds from the sale of “Fallout” and license arrangements that the Company enters into.

Offline Bluecap

• There I am and - what? Now I'm gone!
The only thing I'm looking forward to is the next content update and class upgrade for Team Fortress 2. It's been over 2 months now, and still no update on their blog. Bah!
"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was 'Oh no, not again'. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now." - HHGTG, Douglas Adams

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

You would have a long wait for that. They have said that it's in their plans but I don't think they have the funding to even start development yet.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Dawn of War 2 http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/home

Total War Empires (now with naval combat)

Are totally going to get me off my duff and get a new rig ;)
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
END WAR. Coming to PC soon. Voice command. Even parrots can do it!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancysendwar/

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
End War, DoW 2, the unannounced C&C game.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Topgun

You would have a long wait for that. They have said that it's in their plans but I don't think they have the funding to even start development yet.
I waited this long, whats a few more years?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I recently bought Armored core: For Answer (terrible spelling, bad bad publisher :ick:) and i love the series, but i'm waiting for the next Ace Combat installment :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I laid hands on Silent Hunters 4 recently.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i have to say  am looking forward to a new GTA, my only fault with 4 is how there is not much to do once i beat the AWSOME campain (twice, first through was 31h, 1 too many for achievement(i love sandbox play))

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
I laid hands on Silent Hunters 4 recently.
Is it good?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline eliex

DoW II . . . just hope my computer can handle it.   :)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Is it good?
Extremely heavy on the realism.

I just got Storm of Zehir, the newest NWN2 expansion. I'll post a 'review' of sorts soon.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 got great teasers recently  :yes:     Uncharted 1 was awesome and I don't think GoW even needs to be talked about  ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline eliex

Hmmm, actually I'd look forward to a Halo Wars PC version . . . I can place a certain tag on the "if" side that it will be ported to PC no matter what the developers say.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Next year's going to be pretty stale for games, what with the giant economic recession et all. The only thing that catches my eye is Final Fantasy 13, and then only because I can rip it apart and show the world the inner re-re-re-re-re-re-hashed pile of noninteractive story and cutscenes it really is.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Starcraft 2, Command & Conquer 4(?), Halo 3 (PC), Guild Wars 2 and... of course: Wing Commander Saga!
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele