Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse Discussion Thread (original release thread)  (Read 153156 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: RELEASE: Dimensional Eclipse
Right, just a small note, since I'm not really in a position to be able to dig up things/troubleshoot very well at the moment:

If you're trying to play through DE (be it v1.0 or v1.1) and are having trouble, and are willing to give something "in-testing" a shot and provide feedback, just send me a PM saying so and I can link you the in-testing version of "v1.1b". I can't do anything at the moment to actually get bugs you find and whatnot fixed, but it's another version to try that might solve your problems. (Plus, if you do find anything, I'll take note and fix it at the end of the month when I get back to my home computer with the workfiles and whatnot - you'll have contributed to testing!). I'm going to try and get 1.1b out (along with a little bonus) ASAP when I get back.

Just putting this offer out there.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
Hello! Sorry to bother you with this but I tried downloading this but the files on Sendspace aren't there. Is there anywhere else I can find this mod?
-Woohoo new campaign! No time to play? ****!!

-Why in the bloody hell is command only giving Colossus ONE wing of bombers against the Sathanas?!

Offline Mikes

Hello! Sorry to bother you with this but I tried downloading this but the files on Sendspace aren't there. Is there anywhere else I can find this mod?

Been wondering the same thing!

(Insert: Wahhhhhhhhh! ;) here)

Offline CKid

You most make update.  :p
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Droid803

Ungh, dang, didn't know those links would expire.
Trying to push a working copy of 1.1b out, but bughunting/stability testing is a nightmare especially when things that haven't been touched break by themselves.

Sorry about that, it's been delayed a couple of times due to pretty serious bugs popping up (that I never even knew of before!) and I don't want ti to be a repeat of 1.1 which was worse off than the original because it was just a packaging of the SVN at that point. I hope you understand...

Soon, soon!
(´・ω・`)

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
Okay, thanks! Good bughunting!
-Woohoo new campaign! No time to play? ****!!

-Why in the bloody hell is command only giving Colossus ONE wing of bombers against the Sathanas?!

Offline Mikes

Buuuugs Buuuuuugs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulJxFTt7qi0

Happy Hunting :) Don't let them bugs get ya! hehe

man I hope this works out. I've been playing DE11 so far (until the gamestopper bug #1) and have noticed nothing out of the ordinary so far.

I look forward to an update (or at least the 1.0 links working again)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Droid has finally given me the green light to start packing things up for 1.1b. Expect a release within the next few hours.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Droid803

And by few I mean 72.
(´・ω・`)

Don't you guys know by know that it's dangerous to give any kind of release date? :P
Granted, Droid is a "Trusted poster of legit stuff", what with that annouced annoucement thing & all.

Seriously though, this is excellent news, I've been postponing a DE playthrough since forever.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
It is going to need to wait a few more hours. I'm about ready to pass out waiting for this upload...ugh.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

i am COUNTING THE MINUTES and I am barely keeping myself from F5-ing the page constantly  ;-)

after the rigid-ish old-school-ish experience that is the Wing Commander Saga I am looking forward to this dynamic rollercoaster.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Re: Dimensional Eclipse Discussion Thread (original release thread)
ahem... indeed it is. Already. 
...nevertheless: *cheer*

Offline Treelor

So I just discovered this for the first time. Played it for the first time.

God damn has it been a long time since I've so much fun flying space ships. Thanks for all your hard work for our own amusement. You're a god.
hi

Offline Droid803

Thanks for playing!
Cheers! :)
(´・ω・`)

Okay, something about that soundtrack bugs me. I'm pretty damn sure I can hear some Touhou remixes among the tracks. Is there any way to "legally" get hold of the soundtrack?

I'm not sure what you're asking there.

If you use a program called VPView you can open the game files and listen to the soundtrack there (sound.vp), as well as see the track names.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"