Author Topic: (Release) Biowar 1 and 2, Desperate times, Technological Superiority: Episode I  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
(Release) Biowar 1 and 2, Desperate times, Technological Superiority: Episode I
Three campaigns updated to work with the current FSO and mediaVPs

Biowar 1 and 2
A campaign by Andrew Jones.
Updated to work with 3.6.14RC8. Backgrounds courtesy of Singh's background emporium. Ancients models courtesy of ASW. GVI Cairo courtesy of Bobboau.
The Shivans are attacking with a Bio weapon. Can you save the colonists in the Benedict system? Reports of the Ancients reappearance have come in. Are they Friends or Foes?\
Freespace Files Download

Desperate Times
A campaign by Adam Betts
Updated to work with FSO 3.6.14 and the 3.6.12 media VPs.
2 years after Cappela a new jump node forms in the Vasuda system leading to a star named Uvena. A Knossos Portal in that system brings the Shivans and all hell breaks loose. These are Desperate Times people, and desperate times call for desperate measures.
Freespace Files Download

Technological Superiority: Episode I
Concept & Storyline: Arnav Manchanda
Lead Mission Design: Arnav Manchanda
Assistant Mission Designers: Quid & Iceheart
MODs: Courtesy of Mike 'Bobboau' Abegg ([email protected])
Tested and slightly modified to work with FSOpen 3.6.14RC8 by Macfie
Two weeks have passed since the destruction of Capella. As the GTVA begins to re-build its society and fleets, headquarters receives an unexpected signal from a famous point in the star system of Ross 128, where the Shivans made first contact with humanity in the most hideous way. A new Knossos portal has formed amid the wreckage of the old installation. As the damaged GTVA fleet enters the system to wearily blockade the new node, an Azrael transport emerges, alone, sending a distress signal to the GTVA. Just as quickly, a massive Shivan force emerges and captures the transport, hauling it back through the portal, disappearing as quickly as they came. What lies beyond the portal? How did Bosch survive?
Featuring:
- 10 action-packed missions.
- Dogfights, cap-ship battles, desperate situations - just the way we like it!
- A captivating story that will leave you wanting more.
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.871

Updated link for desperate times
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:50:56 pm by Admiral Nelson »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: (Release) Biowar 1 and 2, Desperate times, Technical Superiority
Huh, cool. Is Technical Superiority the same as the old chestnut Technological Superiority?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I find the lack of screenshots disturbing.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Macfie

Huh, cool. Is Technical Superiority the same as the old chestnut Technological Superiority?

Yes it is technological superiority.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Ranger1

Re: (Release) Biowar 1 and 2, Desperate times, Technological Superiority: Episode I
Desperate times mission bug...

Spoiler:
In the Desperate Times mission where you have to blow up the miner and piss off the shivans.  The sathanas that is supposed to have a miner dooked to it is not present which negates the mission objectives and makes the mission unwinnable.  Also losing the 5 missions on purpose to bypass it defaults you to a herc 2 not the ares...so no helios for you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:04:37 pm by Ranger1 »

Offline Macfie

Re: (Release) Biowar 1 and 2, Desperate times, Technological Superiority: Episode I
I submitted a corrected campaign but somehow the updated mission did not get posted on Freespacemods.

Attached is a corrected mission.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline est1895

I submitted a corrected campaign but somehow the updated mission did not get posted on Freespacemods.

Attached is a corrected mission.

Macfie....would that pertain to the 3rd mission?  Desperate Times won't let me jump out.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? (I get  near to the jump node and face East)

One thing I get is engine faliure when I try to warp out.  I have a 59% damage rating, could that be it?

Offline Macfie

make sure you are at the nav beacon.  The mission warpout is tied to it and you have to be right on top of it to warp out.

Offline est1895

you mean you have to be above it or just close to it (nav beacon)?

Offline Macfie

If I remember correctly you have to be within 25 meters of the nav buoy.

Offline est1895

I'm right on it and then hit alt-J " Cannot Jump"  Windows XP 32 Amd Phenoem tri-core using the FSO 3.6.14 final

There may be one issue and that is my system has numerous errors on it, but if you have some thoughts about this--please share. 

Offline Macfie

The mission is a red alert.  If the Sathanas is destroyed you should activate the red alert when you get within 25 meters of the Nav point.  As to error messages you shouldn't be getting any.