Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > Freelancer and MechCommander

Freelancer - Original game

<< < (4/13) > >>

Novachen:
I am actually curious about that 'freeware' thing, too. I mean if this game is freeware, than it would be available on much more official sites instead of shady Abandonware sites only (which only offer the english version, too)

Allegiance was handled much more differently by Microsoft. It was available from Microsofts official sites after their official declaration you can still found on MS' websites. It was available right in the Windows Store with its introduction in Windows 8 and is also on Steam nowadays.

So i do not have a clue, why they should treat Freelancer different...

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Novachen on August 07, 2019, 09:11:20 am ---So i do not have a clue, why they should treat Freelancer different...

--- End quote ---

To give SC backers an impression what the reality/ambition of Croberts looks like. :drevil:

RizZen:
I know that Freelancer got released on several platforms back in the days. Each computer-magazine i bought had it on disk as fullversion one day. On Microsoft it was availalbe, too for some years. But it seems they simply forgot about it. The last information i have about FL is that MS lost the source code and they have no big interest in develop this one any further.

Nightmare:
Would be interesting to know though, Wikipedia doesn't say anythings; probably the article hasn't been updated for a while.

Colonol Dekker:
 Or here..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-still-get-freelancer/aa7c5608-f6ba-4bd8-9990-0d417fa1f3b7?auth=1

They do refer to star citizen being released back in 2014 through 2017 though  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version