Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573342 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
We just need someone with hosting capabilities. I would, but my connection is far from practical for more than two people.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
 :bump:
My friend has kindly decided to allow HLP to use his server, feel free to join after reading the rules here:

http://rhx123.atbh.us/mcserver/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:40:52 pm by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Anyone running a BETA server?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
 :wtf:
That is Beta... Beta 1.4
There just isn't a beta thread.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:07:21 pm by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Awesome, got any projects going yet?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
someone should build carl
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I was tempted to do a Herc II, but I'll need to finish my current project first.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
We just need someone with hosting capabilities. I would, but my connection is far from practical for more than two people.

I used to/occasionally do host a private SMP server using Hamachi. Have been able to take 6+ people, at decent lag levels, from America and Britian.

Also: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1039&t=211244 This will be EPIC
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Would be cool to buzz round that in a blocky Perseus
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

You get Moas/Cockatrices instead? :P

(I'd much rather ride an Aerwhale, personally, but we can't have everything)

Ehhh, wait a second - you mean Pegasus right? Unless you have a thing for riding ancient grecian heroes?
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Ehhh, wait a second - you mean Pegasus right? Unless you have a thing for riding ancient grecian heroes?

Perseus as in GTF Perseus, presumably.  You do remember that you're on a FreeSpace forum, right?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Perseus as in GTF Perseus, presumably.  You do remember that you're on a FreeSpace forum, right?

Ah, yes, that would make sense. I just had a disconnect there for a second because of Minecraft being fantasy and all.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Here my little singleplayer world, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5nfaln9h8yl5ql8

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:45:56 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Children, gather 'round and let me tell you the story of the Chatéau du Gravier.

As the name suggests, the Chatéau du Gravier was made of that vilest of building materials, gravel.  Why gravel?  The architect was building for the French, so why not gravel?

To the credit of the otherwise useless putz who commissioned it, the plot of land upon which the castle was built had a beautiful view of the sea.

Alas, said putz passed on, and Chatéau du Gravier changed hands.  The new owner was a moody, militant twat, who modified the castle, claiming that no army could hope to capture it!

Curiously, the structure was renamed Castle Janeway, shortly thereafter.  When asked what she had done to make the structure impenetrable, she replied that she hadn't made it impenetrable, just impossible to capture.

Some people might have started with a door, but Castle Janeway was not run by "some people."  Castle Janeway was run by one tyrrant.

Castle Janeway's ruler insisted that the sixty-two blocks of TNT laced into the gravel walls be left on display for all of its occupants to see, not covered, so that they could rest easy, knowing that no force would capture the fortress.

And so they tried to sleep, but rest did not come easy.

Rest did not come easy, for one night, as day had just begun to break, the castle watch heard something in the hills.

Something was being built in the those hills, but in the earliest rays of daylight, nobody could tell what.

Then, as day dawned in earnest, the truth presented itself!

The French army, incensed at the renaming of Chatéau du Gravier to something decidedly non-French, had arrived with their cannons!

Worse still, and almost inconceivably, they were pointed in the right direction!  Unfortunately for the French, those cannons were also made of gravel, and they were placed much too close together.

Being that they were made of gravel, the cannons were less like cannons and more like giant shrapnel bombs.

Giant shrapnel bombs that managed to fling one live round over the walls of Castle Janeway, that is.

...and when you have sixty-two blocks of TNT built into your walls of gravel, one live round is all it takes.

Not that anybody could be terribly fussed, since nobody particularly cared for the tyrrant of Castle Janeway, the French army, or the glorified pile of gravel that was Chatéau du Gravier.

They do say, though, that bits of the castle were flung so far afield that they can still be found washing up on the beaches today.

...so when you see trash littering the land around your beach, remember that it's the French to blame.

Good night, children.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Give it a try. It'll either click, and click well, or it won't.

Better yet, check out some of the YouTube offerings. They're surprisingly compelling. Over time, you see a home take shape, then a fortress, and then a kingdom.

I found X's Adventures in Minecraft and SeaNanners' offerings to be particularly fun.
X's Adventures has just convinced me to buy Minecraft and waste hours of my life. :lol:
Any more videos like these just send'em my way cause I just eat them up.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
You should look for the Yogscast minecraft video series.  It's hilarious.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Shade

Tried the HLP minecraft server today, after qazwsx mentioned it in IRC. Good fun, lots of running around looking at other people's creations, and now beginning to gather materials for a proper dwelling of my own - currently living in a small cave, which doesn't really compare to the towers and hollowed-out mountains I've been seeing, but that can be fixed ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
My house on the HLP server:

Tower and underwater base :P

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken