Author Topic: Asteroid Busting  (Read 3485 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Oh, if you call those without any target order flags then the turret should keep firing at whatever the current target is until it's time to search for a new target.
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just took a look at this in the CVS build (01/07) and I think it needs a little more in terms of user-friendliness.  The fact that the "order" list is done with strings concerns me.  Are we supposed to put ship names, classes, what?  It would do better if we had a drop-down menu so we know what our options are.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Erg, I forgot the FRED2 stuff, it should be in CVS now.

On that front, keep in mind that I wasn't able to figure out why I couldn't add on data to the target order flags (without extensive debugging). Hopefully it's just my inexperience with FRED here - the max values should be 5 for turret-set-target-order and 4 for ship-turret-target-order.
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK, it seems to be working now (at least in FRED).  I do have a suggestion however.  Is it possible to get even more specific in target priorities?  What I mean is, could this or another sexp be created so that specific ships or ship classes could be included as options.  For example, a Destroyer is engaged in a multi-cap-ship engagement.  Its heaviest anti-cap beams would be targetted at the largest target, like a corvette, while the lighter ones would be targetting cruisers.  If the corvette goes down, then the priority order would have the big weapons switch to targetting cruisers, or if the cruisers go down first, they lighter weapons would assist in targetting the corvette.  I could see strings being used for specific ship names, if that's possible to code.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!