Author Topic: 1920x1200 Resolution  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
My new LCD monitor arrived today, with a naitive resolution of 1920x1200. The launcher only reaches a resolution of 1920x1080.  Is there a way to enable 1920x1200 resolution in FSO?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:eek:

I have 1600x1200, but I had to mess around with the monitor display area to get it.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
You can change the resolution manually with the Videocard and VideocardFs2open flags in the registry. I had to do that back when the launcher didn't support 2048x1536 and it worked fine. However, the game does not work properly with widescreen resolutions. The HUD elements will look stretched or misaligned.

Offline Admiral Nelson

i hesitate to randonly futz around with regestry settings -- I presume I want to change
VideocardFs2open from OGL -(1024x768)x32 bit to OGL -(1920x1200)x32 bit
I do not see any Videocard registry entry.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, just change that one. I think the name was changed to maintain compatibility with retail FS2, so I might have the other one in my registry from retail.

Note that the launcher may keep changing it back if you set the resolution to something it doesn't recognize, even though the game itself works with it. I remember that I had to create a small reg file to keep updating that flag every time I opened the launcher, as it would always reset it to the standard 1024x768.

Offline Admiral Nelson

It works -- results are good, as these cropped shots show:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It works -- results are good, as these cropped shots show:

Don't crop - use lvlshot...
Code: [Select]
[lvlshot]http://www.imageshack.us/fancyimageurlhere/image.jpg[/lvlshot]
(That's LVLSHOT, but in lower-case)

Offline Admiral Nelson

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Nice shots, but the HUD looks messed up as I had said earlier. :p

Offline Admiral Nelson

Cue yet another thread whining to taylor about widescreen support....  ;)

The performance of this engine is remarkable -- 1920x1200 res 16Qx AA 16xAF.  No slowdowns.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Depends on what you call a slowdown. There are certain situations where the performance inexplicably tanks a lot regardless of the video card or settings. I think it's being worked on though.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you know when you think about it, all the gauges that get distorted, the lead indicator, target boxes, ect. could probibly be replaced my scripted versions. i know the way ive been dealing with multi res support in custom hud elements, seems to work great on wide screen resolutions. all youd really need is a flag (or a hud table) to disable those elements and a script to replace them. even though i dont think making a mod to fix the problem would fly very well in multi.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Well, are these scripts of yours available somewhere, Nuke?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the reticle i made was slightly different than freespace's in that the gauge itself moved so that when you put the ship in the middle of it, you would hit it. and my recent version draws a line form the center of the ship to the redicle to indicate what ship it is that youre targeted to. care would need to be taken to script a lead indicator that works exactly like the one in freespace. i know mine doesnt yet take subsystem targets into account, but i wish factor that in at some point, as well as tweak the lead to go for the weekest shield quadrant when attacking shielded ships.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
, as well as tweak the lead to go for the weekest shield quadrant when attacking shielded ships.

FTW!  :yes:  :D

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the hard part is figuring out where that is. i figure a good way is to go after a front, back, right,or left normal times 1/2 the ships radius.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
So you're saying that the guns would target the selected ship if it was in the center reticle?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
no thats blindfire. the guns dont move the reticle does

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Well if the reticle moves wouldn't the guns move, too?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
no. the retical is lead compensated. instead of ligning up a lead indicator and a retical, you line up a retical that moves and the ship.

Nuke's Scripting SVN