Author Topic: 1920x1200 Resolution  (Read 4819 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
no. the retical is lead compensated. instead of ligning up a lead indicator and a retical, you line up a retical that moves and the ship.

Could you take into consideration the different leads for the particular type of missile?  I know the pri weapons is accounted for their different speeds, but for dumbfiring missiles, you're out of luck.  (eg, Furys & trebs ;7 )

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i could put compensated leads for all weapons that need leading, but then that clutters the hud. i might go back to a simple gauge rather than one that indicates shield and hull integrety, or reduce the complexity of those elements. i want the gauge to adjust to the range of the weapon so that the gauge is exactly the size of the ship youre gonna be shooting at.

another thing i might look into is different gauges on a per weapon basis. like a long range maxim like weapon would need sniper accuracy and a 1 pixel pipper would be more than enough with perhaps a high accuracy deflection gauge indicating relative angle in arc minures, theen for a shotgun or scattering gatling gun youd want a large circle gauge that perhaps indicates the radius of the spread at target range. then i can go as far as computing multiple leads for multiple targets like in freelancer. newer lead gauges have a pair of curved lines which is actually a projection of your bullet path. i havent figured out how to lead with it but you can rake the plane through it and youl probibly score a hit. this gauge seems abit rather complicated for freespace.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
....Just make it a launcher flag: crosshairsensitivity=1,2,or3 for differing levels of complexity.  And, for the missiles, a second target indicator of a different color would do.  But, I'm not sure about the idea of making the target indicator vary with the target size... you can target subsystems, so what's the point?