Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452901 times)

Offline Something

• Will Voice act for any mod
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
Well, in the ST:R mod folder is a file called mod.ini. Open it up and look at the bottom row, the one with SecondaryList. Make sure all the names in that row have the same names as the folders in your Freespace directory (meaning "fsport" is named "fsport" and not "freespaceport" or something.)

All the STR Mod.ini file has is secondarylist = fsport; what should I add to fix my problem?
Done voice work for :
TBP Relic mini-campaign - Released
Warzone Campaign
Olympus Burning

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It has thrusters on mine...just checked :nervous:
Unless it was fixed between the '162' version and the current one.
Yes, several things changed, including that model.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Now that was awesome. A delicately placed nuance that is bound to cause panic and a little smirk on your face, if you've happened to watch the infamous extra videos.

I remember seeing those extra videos somewhere.....I think they came with one of the mods I downloaded, but I cant find them in my mod folder. Plus im SURE I never watched them on the internet, they definitely came with something.

Anyone know what im talking about?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:31:13 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Just as a general guide for people having trouble: Here's how to get ST:R working with full MVP content. :)

1) - Download the component files:

3.1.1 Port files - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58357.0.html
3.6.10 Media VPs - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58230.0.html

You need to end up with the following four folders in your \freespace2\ directory:

-> "mediavps" - Should contain MV_Complete.vp OR the individual MV_*.vp files. See the 3.6.10 thread for details here.

-> "fsport" - Should contain fsport3_1_1.vp, fs1oggcutscenes.vp, fsport-hi_res.vp, fsport-missions.vp, sparky_hi_fs1.vp, stu_fs1.vp, tango_fs1.vp and warble_fs1.vp
NOTE: Make sure sparky_hi_fs1.vp (as well as fsport3_1_1.vp) are the 3.1.1 versions, not the 3.0.4 versions.

-> "fsport-str" - Should contain fsport-str.vp, fsport-str-voice.vp, fsport-str.bmp and mod.ini
NOTE: Having a dash instead of an underscore will only work if you're using a Freespace Open 3.6.10 build with the Launcher 5.5e.

-> "fsport-mediavps" - Should contain mv_fsport.vp.

2) - Open mod.ini in your "\freespace2\fsport-str" folder and replace everything from the "[multimod]" part with this:

[multimod]
primarylist = fsport-mediavps;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

3) - Open the freespace launcher and go to the mod tab. Select the 'fsport-str' folder as your active mod.

4) - Run the game and select the silent threat reborn campaign from the campaign room.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:11:02 am by Vasudan Admiral »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't think using hyphens for the folder names are such a good idea. They didn't work so well for me.

When my launcher (v. 5.5d) tries to read a multimod with something like 'fsport-mediavps', it complains that "only -mod flags are allowed" or something like that.
Once I changed 'fsport-mediavps' to 'fsport_mediavps', it stopped complaining.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Is there any reason why you'd need to have fsport-mediavps before fsport-str in the command line?  I have fsport-str as the initial folder I'm selecting, and I don't think I've stumbled across anything out of place as of yet.

(And yeah, I've had the Launcher choke on hyphenated folders in various combinations too.  Changing them all to underscores does the trick.)

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Well, in the ST:R mod folder is a file called mod.ini. Open it up and look at the bottom row, the one with SecondaryList. Make sure all the names in that row have the same names as the folders in your Freespace directory (meaning "fsport" is named "fsport" and not "freespaceport" or something.)

All the STR Mod.ini file has is secondarylist = fsport; what should I add to fix my problem?

Heres what my mod.ini looks like:

[multimod]
primarylist = fsport_mediavps;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

Although I havn't actually tested that yet.
Oh and make sure your fsport vp's folder is named "fsport_mediavps" if you want to use my mod.ini setup.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:30:56 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Now that was awesome. A delicately placed nuance that is bound to cause panic and a little smirk on your face, if you've happened to watch the infamous extra videos.

I remember seeing those extra videos somewhere.....I think they came with one of the mods I downloaded, but I cant find them in my mod folder. Plus im SURE I never watched them on the internet, they definitely came with something.

Anyone know what im talking about?

You mean this video?
Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJN5y-jfJKY
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Yeh it was that, but I was wondering more along the lines of where I actually saw it. There might be other cool stuff that came with it. And I never had a Silent Threat disk, so it's not that.

I *think* I also got the headz video and the terran vs vasudan video with it.

EDIT:I just had a look on the 20th Anniversary edition freespace disk and i found a folder called "Extras". Its got a bunch of nice screenies, some wallpapers, music, sounds and MTS models. But more importantly, it has pics of a never released bomber called the Shivan Devastator. See attachment. Theres also some close up pics of a vasudan head.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:30:37 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline Something

• Will Voice act for any mod
I targeted Lambda 1 or 2 and found out that it said "no orders" it was never told to dock.

Should I just delete everything FSO wise and get the all the stuff by the FSO installer?
Done voice work for :
TBP Relic mini-campaign - Released
Warzone Campaign
Olympus Burning

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Is there any reason why you'd need to have fsport-mediavps before fsport-str in the command line?  I have fsport-str as the initial folder I'm selecting, and I don't think I've stumbled across anything out of place as of yet.

(And yeah, I've had the Launcher choke on hyphenated folders in various combinations too.  Changing them all to underscores does the trick.)
Well doing it via the mod.ini's as I've listed definitely works under the launcher 5.5d - you shouldn't ever need to add mod command lines in manually.

About the order, yes - it's important. The port files need to override some stuff in the mediavps to create a FS1 base setting, then silent threat reborn needs to add its own files on top of that, overriding some port ones. However since the port and STR are designed to work with retail, they need a top layer of the port mediavps to restore them to full MVP glory. :)

(For example, the port includes a fixed dockpoint version of the retail Aten. This overrides the new (and also fixed) Aten in the mediaVPs, and so needs the fsport-mediavps and the copy of the HTL Aten that's in them to restore it.)

It's not a pretty system - I think I would have approached it quite differently, but this is how it is - and once it's set up as I've described you should have no problems.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:28:46 pm by Vasudan Admiral »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Spoiler:
In Cloak & Dagger, Kappa Wing (the Chronos transports) can be ordered around. :wtf:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

EDIT:I just had a look on the 20th Anniversary edition freespace disk and i found a folder called "Extras". Its got a bunch of nice screenies, some wallpapers, music, sounds and MTS models. But more importantly, it has pics of a never released bomber called the Shivan Devastator. See attachment. Theres also some close up pics of a vasudan head.
There was already 3 posts made before i finished editing this... -.-

EDIT:Also found this in a text document:

Overview:

Freespace 2, like it's predecessor, utilizes event driven music. Unlike the original, nearly all focus is placed on actual battles.
Depending on how the player is doing and how long it takes him, the music will gradually switch to the higher, more intense tracks.
During uneventful parts of a mission, typically at the beginning, general ambience is used. The idea was to make the music compliment
the action better. The benefit of using less tracks also meant we could get by with higher fidelity samples and stereo streams.

Enjoy!

Composer notes:

I used Biblical names to keep in tune with the original "Exodus" subtitle, which was dropped, and for inspiration.
Plus let's face it, some of the books have awfully cool names. : )
All scores composed and produced by Dan Wentz/Volition 1999.

What books is he talking about?

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:28:35 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline eliex

The Shivan Devastator looks like a Nahema.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or a Sekhmet... :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
The Shivan Devastator looks like a Nahema.

Hmm I just compared with a Nahema and its almost identical. Maybe they changed the name just before release and left picture in?

EDIT: :lol: Listened to some of those sound files in the extras folder and they are all voice acting bloopers.
"Im reading an unknowen jump signature! Configuration unknowen!"
"I sound just like Epsilon One from the previous mission...hes my brother"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:27:41 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
[snip]
Great guide. :)  Added to the first post.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well doing it via the mod.ini's as I've listed definitely works under the launcher 5.5d - you shouldn't ever need to add mod command lines in manually.
Well, what do you know...I'm still back on launcher 5.5b. :lol: I guess I haven't updated that one for a very long time.  Guess I'd better get that taken care of.

And I do understand that order is generally important, but after a bit of testing, I now see exactly why the fsport-mediavps folder would have to come first.  I had assumed that, since the fsport-str folder doesn't include any ship tables, it wouldn't overwrite anything in the Port MVP, but I failed to notice a few of the model files in there.  Come to think of it, the Chronos did look decidedly retail-ish when I was playing through Cloak & Dagger.  Guess I should get this sorted out before I play any further. :p  The only downside I see with your instructions as-written is that it nixes the separate mod.ini description and image that were included with ST:R.

Edit:  Hmm...this is odd.  I tried playing around with the mod.ini in the fsport-str directory some more, just to see if I could get a better order working.  I tried putting fsport-mediavps into the primarylist slot in the ST:R mod.ini.  Apparently, the 5.5d version of the Launcher will choke on a hyphenated folder at the start of the primarylist slot, but it handles those under secondarylist just fine.  That's kind of an annoyance, since being able to put fsport-mediavps in the primarylist of the ST:R mod.ini would ensure that it's listed first in the final command line.  For right now, I think I'll just change the thing to an underscore, to ensure that everything works.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 09:15:02 pm by Mongoose »

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Possible overlook?

Spoiler:
In Blood of Innocents, the Hades stopped firing beams at the Karnak. When I checked it, it seemed that the bombers disabled the weapon system. Anyway, I thought that I was supposed to destroy the Hades, but when I did (ALT+K at 35%), I wasn't given any orders, departed, and was reprimanded.

Also, "material" is spelled "materiel" in Chasing Shadows.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
British/American spelling differs.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!