Author Topic: Bombs?  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Is it me, or do I think that the Shivan warheads in Blue Planet are very dangerous? I was flying the Vishnan Missionary just now when I got caught in the shockwave of an Unknown Megabomb. The explosion depleted my front shields completely and reduced my hull from 100% to 20%. :wtf:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
be carefull... specially on "forced entry" the bombs used by bomber wings that attack the sanctuary and the temerarie (the last bomber wings I think) are quite over-powered and will blow you away if you stand close.
el hombre vicio...

Offline eliex

I'm in your boat too. In BP, just use your missiles to attack the bombs because the shockwaves are really dangerous in my opinion.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It is quite. The AI can't handle the explosions. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
So THAT's why I kept blowing up...
:/
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline CaptJosh

I never had that issue. Then again, I favor Maxims for that mission. They do very high hull damage and can hit from outside AAAf beam range, so they're great for those rotten little cruisers in Forced Entry.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Maxim also happens to have a far greater range than an exploding bomb's blast radius. ;)

This is despite the fact that I don't use it.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline CaptJosh

Yeah, I knock the hell out of bombs way far away with maxims. Sadly their shield damage is quite poor.
CaptJosh

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Then you'll probably be quite stumped if you ever try shooting one down at close range. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline CaptJosh

Ah, but I have far more sense than that.
CaptJosh

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Normal bombs don't hurt you when you blow them up at close range, provided your shielding isn't breached in a region.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline eliex

If you actually get hit by a bomb - even a Helios, it will barely make a difference to your shield level. 

Still, it is quite shocking being hit by a Helios on a head-on charge against Sekhmets.   ;)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Yeah, but only NORMAL bombs. The bombs in Blue Planet appear to be otherwise. ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline eliex

Well, I guess that they had to be that powerful - seriously from what I read in the past, it is said that the Helios bomb is even more powerful than an atomic.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If you actually get hit by a bomb - even a Helios, it will barely make a difference to your shield level. 
ORLY?

I swear, on more than one occasion, while trying to shoot down a bomb, I went a little too close and entered the bomb's hit region, after which I asploded in one hit.

Offline eliex

ORLY?

I swear, on more than one occasion, while trying to shoot down a bomb, I went a little too close and entered the bomb's hit region, after which I asploded in one hit.

Perhaps your shield quadrants were breached - with the enemy bombers shooting your fighter on all sides.

Offline Darius

Well the Shivan megabombs are uberfied in damage, so while they gave nothing more than a blood nose before, they give enough damage now to be fatal.

Offline eliex

Well, I guess that they had to be that powerful - seriously from what I read in the past, it is said that the Helios bomb is even more powerful than an atomic.

Like I said before.  :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well the Shivan megabombs are uberfied in damage, so while they gave nothing more than a blood nose before, they give enough damage now to be fatal.

Well, that explains everything... :rolleyes:
My blog

MP-Ryan