Author Topic: RELEASE - Workings of the Warp: Prologue  (Read 3280 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
RELEASE - Workings of the Warp: Prologue
During the plot of Workings of the Warp the protagonist of the campaign - Command Alexander Couter - will be questioned in his role as new squadron leader of the 41st Dragon Knights due an unforunate incident.... to understand these accusations you have to now his past;
Now meet Alex Couter and some of the other protagonists of Workings of the Warp during the yet darkest hour of the GTVA - the Battle of Capella...

Mods required: none - although Lightspeeds nebula be required to see the backgrounds

Please Note:
1) if you find any spelling/grammar mistakes please note them all down after you finished the campaign and PM them to me
2) if you manage to screw up any mission (so that something totally unexpected happens - why ever) please tell me - this all has been tested over and over again so nothing should go wrong anyway
3) don't complain about Mission 3, please (I know it is dull)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:17:01 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Re: RELEASE - Workings of the Warp: Prologue
Good campaign a bit short but then again it was only a demo ...... alot of subspace weapons and big ship battles

Good overall looking forward to the full campaign

Ohh one thing you should proberly use another set of planets of you are going to make em so big as they where in the mission where you protect the colossous(looked really ugly) and allso the missions where a bit dark .... that might just have been my computer will have to see what others have to say

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not bad...some grammar erros but overall not bad.

However, you might want to town down the shivan uberness factor.
That damn shivan destroyer allways keeps popping up with 100% hull integrity, even tough he was mauled in the mission before. And your own ships die too fast. I undersand chaos and everything, but gods, you could AT LEAST have them fire a shot back.

And that thing with the shivan comm node? A bit strethched but OK...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

the first mission doesnt end if any of kappa dies, or atleast, if kappa 3 dies. found that out accidentaly when i started goin on bomber hunts and forgot about the repair ships. also, might want to change the names of the ships, ya may get sued by whoever holds the copyright for LotR

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I don't think so. LotR's creators aren't concerned with fan-made mods for a game that hardly anyone plays.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

it was sarcasm. i dont blame you, i blame the internet, cant convey sarcasm. and if i remember, LotR's creator, J.R.R. Tolkien is dead, though i'm not certain how long ago the books were written.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
the first mission doesnt end if any of kappa dies, or atleast, if kappa 3 dies.

found - fixed that...

And your own ships die too fast. I undersand chaos and everything, but gods, you could AT LEAST have them fire a shot back.

the do fire back (the GTD Prometheus sometimes manages to fire its beams (sometimes you see a "ghost beam")) and if you care about the beams of the ravana and the moloch at least one of the corvette shows a hell of a fight before being killed by the lucifer

That damn shivan destroyer allways keeps popping up with 100% hull integrity, even tough he was mauled in the mission before.

that it is part of the feeling of the shivan technological superiority... the ravana does not die and can severly damage 2 GTVA destroyer without taking damage the shivans can not repair (ps. in mission 2 it is down to 73% - gonna make that 43% to please you, k?)

might want to change the names of the ships

got any other good suggestion for a corvette and destroyer working in tandem?

some grammar erros

collect them and PM them... once I got them fixed I'll put a new version out fixing the bug with the kappas mentioned above
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:51:28 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Now, i played this campaign, too.

I like it, including Mission 3, it has a good dialog.
However i miss a relation to the dialogs in this mission, espacially in the last mission when the hawkings is in the area, again.

Ok, this with the comm node was a little strange, but there're good battles, after all.

And i think i will not forget this campaign for a while, because it kills the fire button of my joystick in the last mission :'(
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele