Author Topic: Game breaking bug in FSPort "Playing Judas"  (Read 4011 times)

Game breaking bug in FSPort "Playing Judas"
I have been stuck on the "Playing Judas" mission for hours.  I scan all of the targets that come through until the Lucifer jumps in and then get told to dock with it.  When I fly close, all of the Arjuna fighters go inside but I am never detected by Rama.  Ive tried shooting the fighters as they dock and tried destroying the sentries and shooting at Lucifer but nothing works.  Without the detection I am stuck since my drives never fix themselves. 

With great effort I found ONE other person with the same problem here, though it doesnt seem relevant to today since it is from 2005: http://icculus.org/pipermail/freespace2/2005-November/000742.html

I tested purposefully trying to be detected earlier in the mission and can be.  Shooting or flying too close to Arjuna or the sentries at any point immediately has them attack me.  Once I scan the Lucifer it no longer lets me be detected.  Are there any ideas to a fix, or is it possible to edit my save to skip the mission entirely?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Game breaking bug in FSPort "Playing Judas"
If you die or fail the mission five times, you can proceed to the next.

The bug you describe is interesting, but although the jump-in distance changed between FS1 and FS2, it should not have changed in the FSPort.  Does Rama wing actually arrive?  Rama will exit the docking bay once you fly to the correct spot.  Follow the Arjuna fighters to see where the docking bay is.  (There are actually two docking bays, one on either side of the ship.  Either one should work.)

If you die or fail the mission five times, you can proceed to the next.

The bug you describe is interesting, but although the jump-in distance changed between FS1 and FS2, it should not have changed in the FSPort.  Does Rama wing actually arrive?  Rama will exit the docking bay once you fly to the correct spot.  Follow the Arjuna fighters to see where the docking bay is.  (There are actually two docking bays, one on either side of the ship.  Either one should work.)

I tried going to both ports and actually ran into the force field thing over both.  Rama never actually comes in; once I scan Lucifer the only thing that happens is I get told to go to the docking bay and then Arjuna flies into them. 

I exited the game each time that happened rather than dieing or failing, is there any way to skip the repetition to move past it?

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
You can type in www.freespace2.com to enable cheats, then press and hold ` + ALT + K to blow yourself up. That's probably the fastest way.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I tried going to both ports and actually ran into the force field thing over both.  Rama never actually comes in; once I scan Lucifer the only thing that happens is I get told to go to the docking bay and then Arjuna flies into them.

Okay, this means the distance check isn't working.  I'll investigate.  In the meantime, post your log as tomimaki suggested.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I just tested the mission and it works exactly as it should.  Post your fs2_open.log as requested and I can investigate further.