Author Topic: War in Heaven Credits  (Read 35047 times)

I really want to listen to the music from WiH, but VPView32 won't play any of the .ogg files from the BP directory. Any advice?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I really want to listen to the music from WiH, but VPView32 won't play any of the .ogg files from the BP directory. Any advice?

Extract them with VPView and use VLC or another free media player.

Thanks!

What's the music that plays during the battle in One Future? I can't seem to find it in the VPs.

Offline -Sara-

Hope I'm mentioned in the credits too. :) I made the SOC skin for the GTF Nyx a good year ago, the grey/brown one with golden cockpit. Ezecsoc skin I believe.  :yes:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Can anyone tell me the name of the song that starts playing when you signal the attack in Her Finest Hour? I'm pretty sure that it's a Two Steps From Hell song but I don't know which one, and the version in the vp ends quite abruptly.

Can anyone tell me the name of the song that starts playing when you signal the attack in Her Finest Hour? I'm pretty sure that it's a Two Steps From Hell song but I don't know which one, and the version in the vp ends quite abruptly.

It's Two Steps From Hell - War Of Angels

No that's the song from the beginning of the mission, when you signal the attack a new song starts up. In the vps it's titled tsfhbattle.ogg but I have no idea what the song's actual name is.

No that's the song from the beginning of the mission, when you signal the attack a new song starts up. In the vps it's titled tsfhbattle.ogg but I have no idea what the song's actual name is.

Oops, sorry, it should be Two Steps From Hell - Kronos

Offline -Norbert-

There are a few songs I found in the VP file, but not in the credits or Bellisarius soundtrack.
Does anyone know what the songs "asimov.ogg", "avenger.ogg", the "tsfh"-files and the "woa"-files are called and from where they are?

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
There are a few songs I found in the VP file, but not in the credits or Bellisarius soundtrack.
Does anyone know what the songs "asimov.ogg", "avenger.ogg", the "tsfh"-files and the "woa"-files are called and from where they are?

I don't know about the rest, but the "tsfh-" files are bits and pieces of music from two Two Steps From Hell songs (War of Angels and Kronos) used during Her Finest Hour.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline -Norbert-

With the names you provided I could look them up somewhere else. "tsfh" are the pieces of "Kronos" and "woa" are the pieces of "War of Angels", both from Two Steps from Hell, like you said.
Thank you.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Avenger is from Immediate Music, I think one of the "Themes for Orchestra and Choir".

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Out of curiosity, where did addamb2.ogg come from?  It sounds almost exactly like the Jupiter EM "sounds" (video/audio available on youtube)
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Axem

Yeah, that's where we grabbed it from. :)

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Nice.  Was it on purpose or is the Jupiter connection just a happy accident?
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Axem

We wanted some creepy soundscapes and I happened upon those youtube videos one day and it was too good to pass up.

It's the Antarean theme from Angels Fall First, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

We should probably update music credits with a brief description of where they're used as the file name isn't really apparent.

"The cool track in Forced Entry."

"The song that jumps in when Serkr team arrives."

"The bit where the Agincourt is asked to surrender but doesn't and launches fighters instead."

Much more intuitive!

Updating the list with the tracks that are used in WiH Act 3 would probably help, too. Currently trying to find the name for GlobalWaste.ogg, among others. (Also, having trouble actually finding Angels Fall First OST).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:49:22 am by SaltyWaffles »
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Out of luck with the 'Anty' theme. The only source was the 'Art Depot' of the AFF guys and they turned it 'devs only' years ago.

Global Waste is from "Two Steps From Hell", You can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTdMWf3dOHo

If you enjoy it, I recommend buying the album that has it. (Or the song, I can't remember if they used something like Itunes)

Re: War in Heaven Credits
Anyone have any idea what track plays during One Future when Laporte is attacking the habitat? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere.