Author Topic: 158th Signup Thread  (Read 23508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
158th Signup Thread
This is the official 158th signup thread, post here if you wish to join.  Specifically, we're looking for modelers, converters, and texturers.  Ani artists and someone to work on mainhalls.  Last but not least, we're looking for someone to make new weapons.

 

Offline Rampage

  • Son Of Rampage
  • 211
  • Urogynaecologist
I will join.  I will contribute in whatever ways I can.

 

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
i know, asked thunder to give you the avatars and access twice now, i'll ask again, he's probably just busy at the moment.

 

Offline Reaper

  • Swarmer
  • 28
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Ok, Narol what about me :) I still didn't get avatar... i guess thunder hates me.
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

 

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Quote
Originally posted by Infested_Larva
Ok, Narol what about me :) I still didn't get avatar... i guess thunder hates me.
so you are joining?  i'll pm him.

 

Offline Reaper

  • Swarmer
  • 28
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Quote
Originally posted by LtNarol
so you are joining?  i'll pm him.


I told ya like 1 week ago i am joining... :)
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

 

Offline Fineus

  • I made this.
  • Administrator
  • 212
    • Hard Light Productions
Quote
Originally posted by LtNarol
i know, asked thunder to give you the avatars and access twice now, i'll ask again, he's probably just busy at the moment.

He is, how many times do I have to say it before people realise that no matter how many times you email, PM or contact me any other way - I'm still as busy. Put all your requests to us in the request thread and we'll get to them as and when we can.

 

Offline Reaper

  • Swarmer
  • 28
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Anyway... how mutch time does it take to add an avatar to a person... I don't belive that it's more that 5 min...
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

 

Offline Fineus

  • I made this.
  • Administrator
  • 212
    • Hard Light Productions
Everything takes time. There is also a question of priority. Setekhs unfortunate departure took me for one by shock - I'm not even supposed to be here but since he had to leave I was left with no choice but to keep even a minimal presence. Several of the rest of the staff are busy with various things and Cobalt is doing a damn fine job of keeping everything going here. Thus hosting new projects and various other bits and pieces take priority over less important tasks like making sure everyone has the correct graphics by their forum name. That's not important and doesn't hinder anyones progress with anything. Thus it is ranked less important than getting peoples emails, FTP, forums or whatever sorted - and believe me there's a lot of it to do.

But this is all nothing new - I don't understand how people still haven't realised this. I've been saying I'll be busy for the last three months and the staff as a whole have been getting increasingly busy for at least the last two.

Try and show a little patience will you? There are more important things than getting someones avatar fitted. I know this isn't in your best interests but it is ours - try and understand this.

 

Offline Reaper

  • Swarmer
  • 28
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Quote
Originally posted by Thunder
Everything takes time. There is also a question of priority. Setekhs unfortunate departure took me for one by shock - I'm not even supposed to be here but since he had to leave I was left with no choice but to keep even a minimal presence. Several of the rest of the staff are busy with various things and Cobalt is doing a damn fine job of keeping everything going here. Thus hosting new projects and various other bits and pieces take priority over less important tasks like making sure everyone has the correct graphics by their forum name. That's not important and doesn't hinder anyones progress with anything. Thus it is ranked less important than getting peoples emails, FTP, forums or whatever sorted - and believe me there's a lot of it to do.

But this is all nothing new - I don't understand how people still haven't realised this. I've been saying I'll be busy for the last three months and the staff as a whole have been getting increasingly busy for at least the last two.

Try and show a little patience will you? There are more important things than getting someones avatar fitted. I know this isn't in your best interests but it is ours - try and understand this.


Hey, it was just a question...:doh:
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

 

Offline Fineus

  • I made this.
  • Administrator
  • 212
    • Hard Light Productions
An annoying question - annoying in the same way that a child asking his/her parents "are we there yet?" 200 times on the way to a place is annoying for the parents. Solution? stop asking the question.

 

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Thunder, i do understand, the reason why i sent it twice was in the chance that you read it, deleted it, but then got distracted and forgot to take care of it.  Nothing more.

 

Offline Skippy

  • 210
  • It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Excuse Infested_Larva, he's always like that (impatient) :D
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

 

Offline Reaper

  • Swarmer
  • 28
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Quote
Originally posted by Skippy
Excuse Infested_Larva, he's always like that (impatient) :D

Zip it!:D
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

 

Offline JC Denton

  • Node For Me
  • 27
What exactly do you need doing?  As far as modeling/texturing is concerned, count me out since I don't have access to/have no means of getting Truespace and am completely clueless as to how to use it. :(

Concept art...I'm doing stuff for NodeWars, but wEvil's caught up in Real Life™ at the moment and is unavailable, so I could do that.  And it'd take me a while to polish my FRED skills, but I might be capable of making a decent mission.  Emphasis on the might. ;)

Although I've got less than a month of free time left, so everything's kinda up in the air at the moment concerning future availability.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

 

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Even with the incredable number of fredders i've hired, im still looking for more.  If you can Fred, then i've got a slot for you.  As for concept art, Shivan concepts are in high demand; particularly cruisers and corvettes, but anything Shivan will do :D

 

Offline Blue Lion

  • Star Shatterer
  • 210
I could probably Fred a mission or two for you. However Reciprocity comes first, I'm still working on that one. But gimme a ring if you need me.


(1000th post wh00t!)

 

Offline LtNarol

  • Biased Banshee
  • Moderator
  • 211
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
sure bl...but i'll more likely need you for a mission tester seeing your skills in sw :p

 

Offline Blue Lion

  • Star Shatterer
  • 210
Hell yea, we took the mission that "no one could beat, period, even with 8 guys" and OWN it with 2....


ph34r m3


:D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2002, 08:47:11 am by 338 »

 

Offline Stealth

  • Braiiins...
  • 211
:)

i can FRED