Author Topic: Wow, people are retarded[PS3 Related]  (Read 9000 times)

Re: Wow, people are retarded[PS3 Related]
I've not seen the big deal about Blu-Ray. It's just another High-Def format, which I never saw a use for when HD was first introduced either. Sure, it's nice to have pretty pictures, but it isn't worth this ridiculous pricing.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm still holding out to see who wins the battle. I'm more than happy to sit on the fence and not invest in any format untill it becomes well established - otherwise I could end up with another equivilant of a zip drive sitting around. It was useful for a short amount of time, but cost a lot of money and wasn't worth it in the long run.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-Premium-I-was-first-in-line-to-preorder_W0QQitemZ300037119547QQihZ020QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ridiculous.

Ummm, Yeah, I posted that here!  :o

Have you guys seen this on E-bay??

He's asking $1,000,000.00 yet the receipt he's displaying is only for $100?? and you can't quite make out whether it's for a PS3 or just a regular PS1? :lol: ;7

Excuse me for reading the thread quickly between classes and not clicking your ebay link right then.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Roanoke

Jeez, wasn't the whole point of the (original) PS was that it aimed for a more mature market ? Seems the next-Gen histeria gets worse every time.

Offline Ulala

Way to go Ebay.
http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=4572

Too bad there's still 16 pages of auctions when you do a search for PS3. But hey, it's the thought that counts.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Jeez, wasn't the whole point of the (original) PS was that it aimed for a more mature market ? Seems the next-Gen histeria gets worse every time.

MUST HAVE NEXT GEN! MUST HAVE NEXT GEN NOW!
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Consoles are **** compared to PCs when you compare the cost and what you can do with it.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Consoles are **** compared to PCs when you compare the cost and what you can do with it.

Flamebait. Currently, almost all PCs can't do what a PS3 can do.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

You are right, most PC's can't be used as an expensive paper weight as the PS3 can.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

You are right, most PC's can't be used as an expensive paper weight as the PS3 can.

Well, not just that, but I'm also talking about the cell processor. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula

Well, not just that, but I'm also talking about the cell processor. :P

But with a computer you can do nearly... everything. surf the internet, IM people, play a huge VARIETY of offline and online games, program, watch pr0n, and most importantly, play FreeSpace 2 Open.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Please tell me we're not seriously arguing PC versus consoles?  It's like arguing plane versus car or bungalow versus houseboat.

Offline Ulala

Or like arguing the U.S. versus Canda.

:nervous:
*runs*
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Or like arguing the U.S. versus Canda.

:nervous:
*runs*

Nukes will follow!

And you miss-spelled "U.S." It's spelled: United States of America.
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus