Author Topic: Inspiration - HTL Ulysses  (Read 56920 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Inspiration - HTL Ulysses
If it gets into MVPs, yeah.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Solatar

I'll download it as soon as it's available...lol.

There lies a problem, however. Which one goes into the mediavps?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That's up to the FSU people...

Offline Solatar

Well, if the one I'm rooting for doesn't get in it's not like it's a huge deal to simply drop the other in the data/models folder. :p

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, if the one I'm rooting for doesn't get in it's not like it's a huge deal to simply drop the other in the data/models folder. :p
Yeah, so simple :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Solatar

Hey, I'm just itching to get my hands on it. The Ulysses seems like the first ship to get all the treatments (glowpoints, etc) but I had thought it'd be the last to be HTLed.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd just like simple cones to be honest.

Offline Solatar

I think he's going to release a version like that.

At least I hope he is.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Does anyone actually support having this messed up missile changing size screwed up thing thing thingy thing idea?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I do, if only because even though it isn't perfect now, it will undoubtedly be improved in the future

TBH, I don't really like this. Most missiles are (slightly) too big to fit in a Ulysses, and 1 Tempest just looks ridiculous in that big hole. If you'd put in more, the other missiles are ****ed up.

What I'd like to see, is scaled-down missiles (but I don't know if that would fit the other fighters already using this) and some kind of pod, with the size of a normal (scaled-down) missile, with several Tempests in it. Like this:

Offline peterv

I think he's going to release a version like that.

At least I hope he is.

I promise, i give you my word, i swear, i will.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yup...all missiles are definately too big ATM. they should all be scaled down a bit.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
We won't be resizing the missiles ingame. As blowfish has pointed out, this is one area that [v] simply didn't take into account during development. If we begin to take it into account now with the MVPs, then we throw all kinds of annoyances and potential problems into the fray, and all for a really trivial external detail issue.

For new campaigns, sure - develop fighters with slots measured out to fit all the missiles it is capable of - it's a nice feature. It just doesn't work with retail data and it's not worth the effort to try. If individuals want to do that as a mod, then sure, but it's not the sort of thing to go into the MVPs sorry.

So versioning wise, the MVP one would be the one with the terran in the cockpit and cone models for missiles. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Solatar

I promise, i give you my word, i swear, i will.

I believe you.  ;)

Offline peterv

We won't be resizing the missiles ingame. As blowfish has pointed out, this is one area that [v] simply didn't take into account during development. If we begin to take it into account now with the MVPs, then we throw all kinds of annoyances and potential problems into the fray, and all for a really trivial external detail issue.

For new campaigns, sure - develop fighters with slots measured out to fit all the missiles it is capable of - it's a nice feature. It just doesn't work with retail data and it's not worth the effort to try. If individuals want to do that as a mod, then sure, but it's not the sort of thing to go into the MVPs sorry.

So versioning wise, the MVP one would be the one with the terran in the cockpit and cone models for missiles. ;)

I'm a litle confused individual. Do i need to start a new topic in the modding section? :sigh:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:44:55 am by peterv »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
lol, no I was just refering to the idea of rescaling all the [v] missiles so they fit in various ships weapon slots. This topic belongs here. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline peterv

Despite off the current MVP though i think that we could discuss the possibility off adding abilities like this one to a future version.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
It would require partial remodelling of all fighters to accomodate for it. Based on the current rate of HTL fighter creation I think it's safe to say that's not gonna happen. ;)
Twisted Infinities

Offline peterv

True.
However we could be optimistic about this and anticipate 2 versions for every new HTL model that we create (providing the missile scaling for everyone off them).