Author Topic: Jade Speedsters - GTF Persephone  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Jade Speedsters - GTF Persephone
You've seen it before, you probably even flown it! But it never looked as sexy as today! The Persephone!!

The Persephone represents a substantial improvement in GTVA fighter technologies. Using lessons learned from the Perseus, Loki, and Pegasus, this variant of the Perseus intercept fighter has an entirely new hull configuration. Using an enhanced Vasudan designed powerplant and engine system, Shivan influenced targeting systems, and low observable technologies. The Persephone is not a stealth craft like the Pegasus but it does have a much smaller sensor profile than most GTVA fighters, making it ideal for covert operations. The Persephone is currently operational only in SOC units for its OpEval period.

The old model:

A bit of history. What in BWO we call GTF Persephone was originally modeled by a French guy who went by the name of Venom (and later Nico), who gave it the designation GTF Banshee. Very talented fella! You've probably been exposed to his work loads of times, maybe without knowing it! 
Also, the Persephone is the first model I ever did for BWO, as well as the first HTL model that I worked from beginning to end. Of course, it's previous iterations weren't as good looking as this one (and I'm afraid those have been lost forever, so can't show the differences). But now, it's finally finished, complete, finito, development locked.

So why the name change? Well, in the BWOverse, the GTVA became quite aggressive when it comes to integrating Shivan technology on it's new hardware. We want to show that visually, instead of telling you on a lousy forum post or command briefing. So the Persephone's design deviates a bit from the original GTF Banshee: there's some hints of "Shivanness" in it, and also, back then I saw fit to manipulate the ship's proportions and visual flow, to make it look more slender and belonging to a post-capella era of design.

And because you must be tired of reading, here's some pretties!

Sorry, no actual in-game screenshots. I'll save those for my next post, where the Persephone will face-off against the SCP's newest interceptor. ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:00:43 am by Raven2001 »
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Jade Speedsters - Dev Post: Persephone WiP
I know it's pronounced per-siff-on-knee but I can never not read it as purse-a-phone :doubt:
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I almost missed this ... looking sharp
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

Looks like a great ship.  Am I right in guessing it has an interceptor role?

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
You are correct, yes :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
The Jade Speedster is done! I completely changed the OP to reflect the current status of this asset. Take a looksie! :)

Raven is a god.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Looking Sleek!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Wow, looks like a Basilisk mated with a Perseus. Great job!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Jade Speedsters - GTF Persephone
That looks quite awesome. Loving the red shivanesque touchs.
el hombre vicio...