Author Topic: MechaSentient  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
So, for anyone who actually wondered "Hey, where'd that Kieve guy disappear to?" this should answer the question pretty succinctly.

To be fair, I started several projects - this just happens to be one of those I can stick with for a while. I've always enjoyed storytelling, and as awesome as the FreeSpace engine is (especially the SCP one you programmer folks have put so much work into), it takes just a little bit too much time for me to script and lay out a tale in that format.

So I've put my artistic skills to a bit more use, for the story of one average-joe intelligent 'bot trying to make a living on the fringes of known space - and finding himself in a lot more trouble than he ever imagined.

Hope you enjoy. ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:05:53 am by Kieve »
MechaSentient
Sometimes, people change.
Sometimes, they upgrade.
(Online webcomic - updates M/W/F)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Agh! Why can everone draw better than me?!

EDIT:  Reading throught it now, I like it so far.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:36:37 pm by Retsof »
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I feel your pain.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Because they practice?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!

Because they practice?

... He's got us there. Actually, tbh, I just can't draw anthropomorphic things well.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
True, a webcomic is remarkably good practice. You basically draw the same character(s) over and over, in new situations. But either way, I thank you guys for the compliment. ;)

I'm half-tempted to throw a Deimos or Sathanas in there somewhere in the background, just for kicks. XD
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
True, a webcomic is remarkably good practice. You basically draw the same character(s) over and over, in new situations. But either way, I thank you guys for the compliment. ;)

I'm half-tempted to throw a Deimos or Sathanas in there somewhere in the background, just for kicks. XD

Or perhaps some busted apollos or valks floating around in the middle of nowhere :p

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
The notion intrigues me... ^_^
Erk. My train of thought is running away with me. Next thing y'know, MS would end up being a FreeSpace parody... @.<
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
Alright, I admit it, you guys inspired me somewhat. ;) Keep your eyes on this one in the coming week, there are a couple subtle (and one not-subtle-at-all) homages to FS2 in the near future.
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
Wednesday, June 25th, 2008.
This one's for you, comrades. ;)

And on a completely unrelated note, may Frank Herbert strike me down for my blasphemy.
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Latest Comic
Look!  Hercs!
*note* I am still on vacation, checking in from my grandparent's house.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
Modeled after Hercs, yes. That's part of it, Monday's comic. But I was speaking of the one that's going to post in... about an hour, as of this writing.

Edit: I updated it a little early tonight. Enjoy. ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:26:21 pm by Kieve »
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.

Spoiler:
in the last comic, the last sentence remember something .........
did someone said that it wasn't freespace related ?  :D

Offline Kieve

• Creative Hack
    • MechaSentient
Nudge for this - had to take a break for a while due to personal reasons, but MS is back up and updating again. :) Enjoy the new arc.

Also, I made mention of it on the IRC channel, but I'll post here too.
I could use some suggestions or ideas for the "Genesis V" FTL craft. This would be the experimental human ship that brought Victor and his three crewmates into MS space.
The only certainties I have about this ship are as follows:
-The tail section is elongated and thin, like a dragonfly's, and at least as long if not moreso than the ship's main hull. This is the core of the FTL drive.
-Ship is made for a crew of four, and has tiny but functional living compartments (think NASA Apollo rockets)
-The front cockpit section should at least vaguely resemble an Artemis bomber. Because I like the style and it fits with "current" human design aesthetics.

This isn't a request for art, though if anyone wants to try they're more than welcome to sketch or model something. Mostly I'm just looking for input suggestions, and when it comes to spacecraft design, I figure this is the place to be. ;)
MechaSentient
Sometimes, they upgrade.