Author Topic: Freelancer  (Read 66010 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I've flown a Manticore in FL.

Anyone remember my suggestion/idea a while back? To make a FS FL mod? It's entirely possible, and would be like an RPG and etc. Kinda a fun idea, at least in my opinion.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
well i was not around for it quiet obviously. as long as another fan made server challenges the Berlin server and Jolt then it will be good :rolleyes:.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
a gtf apollo!! lol, what level is the ship?, some of the prices on the discovery mod are very high to almost impossible. i have flown the bsg retrofit on fl mod, its rubbish really.

I think it supported up to Class 6 weapons.

If you're still on Discovery and you have lots of cash to spare, go buy a Barghest from Buffalo. It's a bit slow, but it has a lot of hull strength. :nod:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Are the old Freespace ships on Discovery?

Someone has to post directions for me, i never leave New London as it's too far north and accents tend to be funny.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Are the old Freespace ships on Discovery?

Someone has to post directions for me, i never leave New London as it's too far north and accents tend to be funny.

I can't at the moment because I don't have the mod installed. However, I clearly remember that the Rebalance Mod has FS1 ships for sale.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Discovery has a text file with the location of all the ships. Then there's a system map.

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
Rebalance has FS1, FS2 and a fair few SW ships in it.  I remember finding an Erinyes in the New York system.

I prefer the mods that keep it in-universe though.  Taking on a bunch of Ties in my Titan just didn't feel right....
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I know. That's why I liked the Discovery mod more. It built on the un-modded Freelancer, such as expanding the line of Very Heavy Fighters into Bombers.

The thing I don't like about the Discovery mod, however, is that warships are a pain to fly. I'm amazed that Colonel likes doing it.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Moar Powah/ :nod:

Nah it's cool i tend to stick to autopilot and use turret view to just blam random convoys...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Hmmm. I wonder if you can find the Fury in FL... probably not...

Just in case you were wondering, the Fury is the unit used in Fire Fight, one of EA's earlier games.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Fire Fight! I want to play it! I only saw it twice at Tampines many years ago, but that's enough to compel me to try it out for myself!
* Androgeos Exeunt clears his throat.

In any case, I've already found most of the wrecks in vanilla, and I have 700 000 credits AND a maxed out Border Worlds Sabre.

So, stick that in your mind, Edison Trent, if you're still lamenting about a million credits! :p
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
HoTU has a download.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
HoTU has a download.

Hey, it's a Top Dog!

What is considered to be the most powerful small ship in Discovery?
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!

Offline Al Tarket

lol $700,000 is nothing, try $63,630,000 it will take you 2 to 3 days if committed enough.

i am downloading the mods along with the flmm program. it will take me another 1 hour and 50 minutes to complete downloading at 14 kb/sec for both download. lol i still use a 56k, so i can never play over the net at this time, the broadband connection is too expensive for my taste.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:58:17 am by Al Tarket »
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Discovery gives you that urge to go online and play with other people, because it has things like IDs and credit cards.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Al Tarket

i just played that rebalance mod for a few hours, its a very odd mod for freelancer indeed, i do not like it, its rubbish imo.

i would by lying if i said i would never wanted to play online with the discovery mod, however if you wish google it up their are servers still in operation on freelancer, im sure one of these sites that runs the mod will just put an ip address for a server out so you can go play on.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
i just played that rebalance mod for a few hours, its a very odd mod for freelancer indeed, i do not like it, its rubbish imo.

Indeed. It turns the game into a rubbish crossover. Freelancer meets Star Wars meets Earth Alliance meets FreeSpace? :wtf:

i would by lying if i said i would never wanted to play online with the discovery mod, however if you wish google it up their are servers still in operation on freelancer, im sure one of these sites that runs the mod will just put an ip address for a server out so you can go play on.

Hmm...the official site should have server locations. One of these servers (was it Hamburg?) shot past the 128-player limit before, I think.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Indeed. It turns the game into a rubbish crossover. Freelancer meets Star Wars meets Earth Alliance meets FreeSpace? :wtf:
Keeps all the fanboys happy.

Offline Al Tarket

yes androgeos, but overall the mod still doesnt deserve the award its looking for, even though the discovery mod was boring, it gets a better :yes: then the rebalanced mod. even the justice mark beam weapon is better imo :P.

seriously though, if it is called a rebalance mod, then thats what is should be, not a freepsace vs starwars vs, what ever else mod.

i might bini the ini files, edit the script xml and such to rebalance what i might think are a good balance, along with changes in weapons levels hopefully.