Author Topic: "Release Announcement" Trailer Released!  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
"Release Announcement" Trailer Released!
You are cleared to launch, Wing Commander.

Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn has been in development for a decade. You have all been waiting for a long time, and so have we. The wait is finally over. The Wing Commander Saga team is happy to present you with the final Wing Commander Saga trailer! The trailer gives a preview of many of Saga's features, including a few that we have kept secret, but it also finally answers our most frequently asked question of "when is Saga's release date?" Check out the trailer and start the count down to launch!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:00:01 am by Tolwyn »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: "Release Announcement" Trailer Released!
Yeeeessss. :D
The wait shall finally be over. So far this is the biggest thing to look forward to this year.

Very good :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Good trailer, looks very professional. Looking forward to the release.
BTW, are you going to include the trailer soundtrack? It's very good.

oooh yeahhh this will be a glory day at  3 22 12

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
BTW, are you going to include the trailer soundtrack? It's very good.

We will release our soundtrack, but this particular track won't be part of it. It's called "Call for Heroes", composed by Pierre Gerwig Langer, and can be purchased for 60 USD at shockwave-sound.com

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

OOOOH SWEEEEEEEEEET!  Messaged everyone I know about this.

Offline Veers

I know nothing about WC, but that trailer sends shivers all over my body.

Cant Wait  :yes:
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline CT27

Really looking forward to this.

What will the download size be?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
3.3GB (and the installation size 7.2GB.)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Out of curiosity, why did you decide on this particular date? And why did you announce it two weeks prior to it?
You wanted some fans to die form anticipation to ease the server load?  :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
March 22nd marks a very special anniversary for us - Saga was founded 10 years ago... on March 22nd.

Other than that: our inability to meet a deadline has led to a number of jokes over the years. We decided not to announce the release date unless we were absolutely certain.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I'm getting a bit nervous myself.
Having watched this all those years and having contributed a lot of stuff myself (I wonder what is left from my work in the game though, since most of it was done some years ago) I really hope that the players will like the game.

All the years a lot of people said "it is vaporware" and I told them "No, we are working on it, we WILL release" and sometimes I wondered if I was lying to them because of course there were times when the development was slower and we had sooo much to do and it looked grim because everybody had to to studies or work a lot.
I feel a little bad that I hardly could help the rest of the team anymore during the last few months, but I'm glad that others could continue.
It also really hurt that (Tolwyn just mentioned it) we couldn't meet sooo many of our deadlines. But that's life I guess.

And now we are finally there. And although I spent only a few hundred hours doing Saga stuff (compared to thousands of hours others worked) I am proud that I have contributed to the game.
I am really really nervous. I haven't seen most of the game, just a few parts and not how they fit together. I will download it just like the fans do and play it for the first time from start to end.

This is going to be great. And I am happy that I could be a part of it. Thanks Tolwyn, for recruiting me back in 2005 (or 2006!)  :)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You guys are ****ing awesome. I've never played Wing Commander nor really followed much of WCS' progress but I'm going to play your game because you guys kept your heads down and spent ten years of your lives finishing what must've felt like an impossible task.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Great trailer guys!
And its even greater what you guys have accomplished  :yes:

Looking foward to get my hands on WCS finally...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
That's damn good news right there!  :yes:
Great work guys and thank for my ( a bit delayed ) birthday present!  :D

You guys are ****ing awesome. I've never played Wing Commander nor really followed much of WCS' progress but I'm going to play your game because you guys kept your heads down and spent ten years of your lives finishing what must've felt like an impossible task.

Never played Wing Commander?  Wow.  Go get it on GoG, it's a must play for shootem up fanatics.  :)  (albeit easy as far as 1 and 2 are concerned... Wing Commander 3 on Crazy or Nightmare difficulty... _THAT_ is another story)

Offline Archaic

is this stand-alone or do you need FS2?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Standalone.

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
You need that guy from the movie trailers to say the text inserts in a totally dramatic trailer voice.
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛