Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aeos Affair with LS Nebulae  (Read 9171 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: RELEASE: The Aeos Affair with LS Nebulae
Well it's just a challenge for FS players. I have some ideas to make it better...

Creating a score variable, modified by the damage, by the goals ecc. that appears at the end of the campaign.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

Well it's just a challenge for FS players. I have some ideas to make it better...

Creating a score variable, modified by the damage, by the goals ecc. that appears at the end of the campaign.

I'd honestly like to keep FS2 from being turned into an old arcade game as much as possible kthxbye.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Maybe we're right. We never used that kind of system...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well TAA isn't that long...
The Aeos Affair is longer than both of the campaigns that Admiral Nelson is waiting to release.

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
I'm playing this campaign now and I burst out laughing when a ship in the first mission jumped in name "deep throat".  First time I have seen a comedy side to such a serious game.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm playing this campaign now and I burst out laughing when a ship in the first mission jumped in name "deep throat".  First time I have seen a comedy side to such a serious game.

Why are you playing all these old campaigns when you could be playing JAD, then!

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Mother of....

----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Govenator

I've been just working my way down the campaign list.  I'll play JAD next!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Mother of....

As I just finished saying in another thread, campaign release threads by definition cannot be necro'd.  They are the official places to discuss a given campaign, no matter when that discussion is taking place.

(God I want that stupid beam to be banned.)

Offline Lorric

As I just finished saying in another thread, campaign release threads by definition cannot be necro'd.  They are the official places to discuss a given campaign, no matter when that discussion is taking place.
Indeed, and I've been enjoying seeing these campaigns being unearthed that I haven't heard about / haven't played.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Sometimes I feel like I am the only one here having played practically all campaigns out there (except for the biggest and most current ones, but I'm getting there, playing WoD at the moment). Even those that were so bad they made my brain hurt.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Govenator

Sarkoth I get that feeling too.  I am trying to play all of them out there and for some reason a lot of people neglect the old ones or don't have a clue where I found them(campaign list and General Battuta's campaign guide) until I post something about them.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Apparently the completionist approach isn't for everyone. But even after more than 10 years, I am still far from being fed up with the FS franchise. And that's mostly thanks to HLP. :)
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
To play the old campaigns is to understand where FreeSpace came from and how it got where it is today.  I personally prefer many of the old campaigns to the new ones. 
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.